EA grapple not an option now what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / EA grapple not an option now what? #71  
Your comments on weight have me now thinking along the lines of the Homestead Implements version. Their's weighs in at under 400 pounds, whereas the ebay weight is 600 pounds, although that probably includes the Chinese angle iron crate
The lid pivot point looks to be a better design than the light duty unit I had. If the unit wears at this point it would be easy to add outboard bushings and replace the bolt with a smooth pin and grease fittings.
I would also suggest blocking the open back of the grapple. Branches have a tendency to poke through and could damage your radiator. These changes would be simple to do and would add little weight.
So much depends on your use.
IMO pivot points that have a decent surface area and can be greased are important.

/ EA grapple not an option now what? #72  
Saw one on YouTube that I had not seen before: Skid Steer Liquidation Clearance - Grapples - Raptor Attachments

Screenshot 2024-04-02 3.39.51 PM.png
Screenshot 2024-04-02 3.39.12 PM.png

Screenshot 2024-04-02 3.45.33 PM.png

Last edited:
   / EA grapple not an option now what? #73  
Dont know anything about them, but I have been noticing these Great Bear 78" grapples showing up all over FB for $2000, give or take $200 or so.. Item Weight: 721 lbs, so prolly not the thickest material.
1712137995040.jpeg

/ EA grapple not an option now what? #74  
If I was in the market the Frostbite would be my choice.

I do far more moving of logs than brush and it is better suited for my needs (firewood processing).

My MTL is OK but it is tougher to pick up 3-4 logs at a time.

It would be about $1000 difference to sell my MTL and get the Frostbite. Been thinking about it but the MTL gets the job done and saving a few hours year is not worth it.

/ EA grapple not an option now what? #75  
   / EA grapple not an option now what? #76  
Hey, for those of us with tinkertoy tractors (SCUT's) I stumbled on this grapple last night and damn near bought one. The boy talked me out of it, saying the EA fork tines we have are enough for our limited tree branch hauling work. But, boy would this be nice -

Don't listen to him, you really need this! :D

I just checked out their website, I could really spend some money there.

/ EA grapple not an option now what? #78  
Check out their address on Google maps, street view.
If you look at it from their site it looks like a power company's storage yard. From Google, it looks like it deals in sand and gravel. From Bing, however, and it is full of tractor implements..

/ EA grapple not an option now what? #80  
The worms sure did turn on EA.
Put a good quality steak outside in the summer. Have a look at it after a week if the critters have not attacked it.

Coporate rot is no different. It will always win if left unchecked.

Status
Not open for further replies.