edumacate me on horse power

/ edumacate me on horse power #61  
orezok said:
john_bud said:
Us USA motor heads used to say,

"There's no replacement for displacement"

Back in my racing days, we always said that the only thing faster than cubic inches was cubic $$$.

/ edumacate me on horse power #62  
A lot of stuff has been covered here. Just some observations.

Diesel is 30% more effecient than gas. It gives off 30% more BTU's than an equivalent volume of gas.

My 7.3 Ford gets 11 mpg pulling my 10K fifth wheel. My old 351 gasser got 7 mpg pulling a 7K travel trailer.

A lot of the effeciency in the diesel is due to design. We've run D-17 AC's on the farm all my life. 222 cu in gas engine designed to run at 2000 rpms. Absolutely one of the best gas engines ever disigned and produced for the ag market. Tremendous torque rise and durability. However, newer smaller displacement diesel engines with turbochargers are much more fuel efefcient.

I still like my diesel in my F350 and will probably buy another one when this one wears out. That's gonna be in about 25 years.

/ edumacate me on horse power #63  
A lot of stuff has been covered here. Just some observations.

Diesel is 30% more effecient than gas. It gives off 30% more BTU's than an equivalent volume of gas.

My 7.3 Ford gets 11 mpg pulling my 10K fifth wheel. My old 351 gasser got 7 mpg pulling a 7K travel trailer.

A lot of the effeciency in the diesel is due to design. We've run D-17 AC's on the farm all my life. 222 cu in gas engine designed to run at 2000 rpms. Absolutely one of the best gas engines ever disigned and produced for the ag market. Tremendous torque rise and durability. However, newer smaller displacement diesel engines with turbochargers are much more fuel effecient.

I still like my diesel in my F350 and will probably buy another one when this one wears out. That's gonna be in about 25 years.