eHydro vs PowrReverser

/ eHydro vs PowrReverser #11  
Powr reverser for me. Using father in laws Mahindra in the hills cured the hydro question for me.

/ eHydro vs PowrReverser #12  
Powr reverser for me. Using father in laws Mahindra in the hills cured the hydro question for me.

So you haven't operated a Deere ehydro but you have already made your mind up?

/ eHydro vs PowrReverser #13  
Yep, made my mind up bought the reverser and never looked back. The reverser is just as convenient to ME and I don't suffer the power loss. I love the reverser tranny so much that's the reason my 3320 is an open station. I still don't know why John Deere doesn't offer it in a cab version. I guess my next one needs to be the 5101 I like.:D it comes cabbed with a proper tractor transmission!:thumbsup:

Last edited:
   / eHydro vs PowrReverser #14  
I will say the OP needs to try them both and see which one HE likes better as he's the one paying for it. You know what they say about opinions?:D

/ eHydro vs PowrReverser #15  
I have a PowrReverser on my 5085M and 4700 and I have tried my friends 4520 EHydro and i prefer the Ehydro for some reason.. But I'm a lazier person but if I'm doing ground engagement I would go PowrReverser, Ehydro has a 5-10% power loss. Overall eHydro sucks! Unless your lazy like me. :laughing:

/ eHydro vs PowrReverser #16  
1ID, I am not argueing which is better as both have their fine points. Just taking issue with you forming an opinion about a transmission you haven't experience with. You are forming your opinion of an ehydro around your experiences with a Mahindra hydro. Glad you like your PR tranny.:)

Edward S., The OP is considering a 3320, I hope he isn't intent on doing alot of field work with it. Your 5085 Canopy with PR tranny is a nice looking field tractor.:thumbsup:

/ eHydro vs PowrReverser #18  
PowrReverser, I don't like the power loss felt through the hydro, it's very similar to how an automatic trans in a car feels. The PR gives me a complete coupling to the engine, plus I enjoy shifting between the gears on the move while cutting grass.

/ eHydro vs PowrReverser #19  
I've used both.
Heres my take: if you want more precision and ease of use/simplicity...go ehydro.
If you want less precision, more complication with less ease of use /simplicity but more power...go power reverser.
In my opinion if you are running out of power with the ehydro, the you bought the wrong tractor in the first place. With only a 5-10% power loss with the ehydro over the reverser, if you are living on that fine line between the tractor not having enough hp because it bogs down then you need either a larger tractor or same platform but a bigger motor. Example 3320 may bog down, but you could upgrade to 3520, 3720 or 4020 series.

My vote hands down: ehydro

/ eHydro vs PowrReverser #20  
In the past I ALWAYS voted PWR Reverser because of power loss. Then I bought a new 4720 CAB with eHydro (only option with cab) and I cant work it hard enough to lose power at 66hp... Ehydro works really good with HP behind it...