Ethanol Free Gas

/ Ethanol Free Gas #141  
Classic cars get driven so little. Why would there be a purpose to controlling their use?
Since they are limited use and banning them would affect only a limited number they are the perfect place to start. When bureaucrats start something they know to begin with the least sympathetic and least essential group then turn the heat up and expand the circle. Froggie in the pot.

/ Ethanol Free Gas #142  
Classic cars get driven so little. Why would there be a purpose to controlling their use?
Someone pointed out that many have not been on the road for at least several years with pandemic but state is still collecting 165 to 230 dollars annual reg fee plus insurance is also required.

Seems like a great deal for state and local.

/ Ethanol Free Gas #143  
Someone pointed out that many have not been on the road for at least several years with pandemic but state is still collecting 165 to 230 dollars annual reg fee plus insurance is also required.
That's pricey! My Dart is registered as an antique and is only $17/yr to register. Insurance on it is only active May-Oct, and is well under $100.

Since they are limited use and banning them would affect only a limited number they are the perfect place to start. When bureaucrats start something they know to begin with the least sympathetic and least essential group then turn the heat up and expand the circle.
I would think that this "problem" would take care of itself as time marches on. Most car owners I see at car shows are boomers and a few of the older Gen X'ers. Stands to reason...by the time anyone much younger than that came of age, cars had gotten pretty boring with very few exceptions.

/ Ethanol Free Gas #144  
Cars from your youth…

Remember when the Model T was very popular but these guys have died out just like many in the Model A club…

Prices have been mostly flat or declined…

/ Ethanol Free Gas #145  
Several of my collector friends moved to Oregon and took their collections with them… for half the cost of one year California registration they got Oregon 5 year collector tags…. plus no sales tax on purchases…

/ Ethanol Free Gas
I gave up on Ethanol Free Gas for my truck. I'm still going to buy it for my small engines. I see a huge improvement with them in starting and performance.

Ethanol Free was $3.37 yesterday, and Regular was $2.51 It was .60cents more expensive two weeks ago when I first bought it, now it's .86cents more expensive per gallon!!!! The math wasn't there before, and it's really not there now!!!!

When I pulled into the gas station, my truck was getting 16.4 mpg. It's been steadily declining since the peak of 17.5 mpg when I fist tried Ethanol Free Gas. I don't know why, or what's happening with my truck to have such a variation in the fuel usage. I just know that after giving it a try, I don't feel it's worth the expense for my truck.

/ Ethanol Free Gas #147  
Seizure no but ban on over the road use quite possible...

Many times settled regulations are later revisited and this has occurred many times regarding vehicles and vehicle mandates...

Looks like that Packard Convertible from the 1930's is no longer coming my way...

England and continental Europe already going after "Old Timers"

On the other hand no one is regulating the bombs, rockets and sinkings plus radiation leaks around war zones... crazy that starting a two stroke would make me an outlaw...

E-free and Classic ICE..... enjoy while we can.....

The writer that inspired them, called it a very long time ago (I swear, some scribes have access to the Tardis....), so I'll post this, again......

The Motor Law, is here and now.....

Rgds, D.

/ Ethanol Free Gas #148  
I gave up on Ethanol Free Gas for my truck. I'm still going to buy it for my small engines. I see a huge improvement with them in starting and performance.

Ethanol Free was $3.37 yesterday, and Regular was $2.51 It was .60cents more expensive two weeks ago when I first bought it, now it's .86cents more expensive per gallon!!!! The math wasn't there before, and it's really not there now!!!!

When I pulled into the gas station, my truck was getting 16.4 mpg. It's been steadily declining since the peak of 17.5 mpg when I fist tried Ethanol Free Gas. I don't know why, or what's happening with my truck to have such a variation in the fuel usage. I just know that after giving it a try, I don't feel it's worth the expense for my truck.
Even old Suburbans, had (relatively) decent official highway ratings - meaning that long highway drive taken (assuming sane steady speed, no headwinds) would have been a factor.

Techron, or some other good injector cleaner, is never a bad maintenance choice. Lastly, can't remember if your year F150 has it, but Ford used a "creative" fuel pump design on some years....... something like they did away with the old-school fuel rail pressure regulator, and went with a variable-speed pump instead. If the pump is getting wonky/tired, perhaps a factor ?

Rgds, D.

/ Ethanol Free Gas #149  
Unfortunately, at the "top", there seems to be a prevalent culture today.....

Why bother Attaining Power, If not to Abuse It ?

Rgds, D.

/ Ethanol Free Gas
My F-150 is a 2012 with the 5.0 engine. The only thing that's failed on my since buying it brand new is the starter. That went out last year. The guy who shoots the hogs on my land owns an Auto Repair business. He had my truck towed to his place and installed the new starter that same day. He said that Ford has a wacky circuit breaker issue that they bypasses with a bigger breaker because it also connects to the fuel pump. I hope I remembered that correctly.