Everything Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Everything Attachments #1,201  
I should have asked if I could get my new rake orange instead of yellow, didn’t even think about it. :(

/ Everything Attachments #1,202  
I believe it is caterpillar yellow not positive but it's close to it.
That will work - thanks
Just want to touch up a few spots while I was thinking about it.

/ Everything Attachments #1,203  
I have to admire you folks that keep unchipped paint on your equipment. :thumbsup:

I do not abuse my equipment by any means but it gets nicked here and there. Plus I mostly buy used and refurbish since I am cheap so I guess that I do not have the financial connection to nice paint. It is nicked up by the time it finds its way to me. Kind of like my dogs, someone else got rid of them before they found their way to me.

/ Everything Attachments #1,204  
Give it 10 years. It starts with "Oh my, shipping nicked my 2" thick peace of metal and I don't want it to rust" to "Yeah, I let it rust, puts iron in the soil"

On my tractor I use oil as a steel protector (not intentionally, I just blow hoses now and then)

/ Everything Attachments #1,205  
I don't worry about it on older used stuff too much. If I buy something I may sandblast it, then repair and repaint it so it keeps better. On new stuff I paid big bucks for I figure I can touch it up if it has some minor damage (don't expect it to arrive perfect by any means). Figure no use in having the 3pt frame get all rusted and crapped up for nothing. Not like using it normally tears that up. most rakes only get the tines worn not the main body so I will keep it decent.
I find that keeping it looking decent pays in resale value if I get rid of something (Sell for something bigger and better later perhaps)

/ Everything Attachments #1,206  
Just noticed the rakes have a black tine bar now, wonder why.

/ Everything Attachments #1,207  
I had to do a double take on that backwards bucket.. :scratchchin:

On your quick connect it looks like the left lever was sacrificed along the way somewhere?

Lol@sacrifice

Not to worry, All
is well and 100 percent intact. :)

/ Everything Attachments #1,209  
Just noticed the rakes have a black tine bar now, wonder why.

We recently started painting all of the tine bars black for efficiency in the factory.
The tine bars are painted separately from the rest of the rake, so they can stock up on tine bars and color options won't affect it.
We also started painting all gang hangers for disc harrows black.
Travis

20180221_113459s.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.