Excessive ads?

/ Excessive ads? #61  
Thanks for reporting. Working on it.
I’ve got ads covering the text in threads now…

1710260253822.png

Last edited:
   / Excessive ads? #62  
I installed Pi- Hole. It runs on a raspberry-Pi micro computer and acts as a sink which most of the ads and malware on our computer network drop into.

Think of it as network version of an ad blocker/malware blocker/spyware blocker.

The software is open source and can auto update. If it seems to affect some file you want to see you can fix it easily. It seems to decrease my bandwidth used, which is important as we are rural with limited bandwidth.

This is the basic reporting page:
1710262002183.png

A huge percentage of files are not adware they are your provider and other snooping on you.

I don't connect my phone to the network.

/ Excessive ads? #63  
My DuckDuckGo says over 1800 Tracking attempts on TBN.... one of the worse of the sites I go to.

/ Excessive ads? #65  
This is what Brave has saved me since I reset the counters last year. I get zero ads or popups.

Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 4.17.02 PM.png

/ Excessive ads? #66  
This is what Brave has saved me since I reset the counters last year. I get zero ads or popups.

View attachment 856926
I run Brave browser on all of my computers (MacOS, Windoze, IOS, etc) and never get one single ad or popup. Safari is terrible for ads, as is Firefox and Chrome. I am quite sure IE, or whatever Mircrosux is calling their built in browser now days, does the same. Loading ads eats up a ton of bandwidth, which you, as the consumer, are paying for.

As I have said before, I would much rather pay Muhammad a yearly fee to be ad free from this site than have ads forced on you, not by Muhammad, but by the browser you are using. You can thank Google for the majority of ads. If you have a Google account (Gmail,etc) then Google owns your entire digital world. They have access to everything and archive everything. Same thing with Facebook and Amazon. Why do you think they have invested in massive server farms (data centers) all over the world? Your viewing habits and data are their bread and butter...and caviar.

/ Excessive ads? #67  
Here we go again, not easy to get around:
1714140348684.png