The adds keep covering up posts.

Attachments

• IMG_4318.png
    IMG_4318.png
    1.7 MB · Views: 29
   / Excessive ads? #52  
Thanks for reporting. Working on it.

/ Excessive ads? #53  
I've never been really bothered by ads. My IP is HughesNet. Using an Apple computer and have AdBlock+ installed.

Right now - there is one small ad - upper right hand corner of the screen. Then there is the occasional ad that flashes on/off between the posts. Nothing ever blocks the body of any post.

It gets so I really don't pay much attention to them. Mainly, I guess, because they aren't that irritating.

/ Excessive ads? #54  
I also don't like the ones in the middle of threads that you can accidently click on as you are trying to scroll on a phone when reading threads.

/ Excessive ads? #55  
Nice to not have them there at all though, if you don't want to look at them.
However it does take away a lot of "screen real estate" when the "blocked" portion is blank where an ad had been.
I'm using Adblocker ultimate on Chrome and lose about 1/4 of the screen to whitespace.

/ Excessive ads? #56  
The flurry of campaign ads stopped... not seen a single one since Wednesday.

I do now occasionally have a floating add... at least that is what I call it.

/ Excessive ads? #57  
However it does take away a lot of "screen real estate" when the "blocked" portion is blank where an ad had been.
I'm using Adblocker ultimate on Chrome and lose about 1/4 of the screen to whitespace.
Must be a Chrome thing. Now that you mention it, there is a white strip along the right edge of my screen. Never really paid attention to it before.

/ Excessive ads? #58  
I found a difference between being logged in and not being logged in. Not logged in - more ads. There is a difference between browsers - Safari has less ads than FireFox. For whatever that is worth.

The actual difference is fairly small but might be exaggerated on different browsers.

/ Excessive ads? #59  
Use Brave. Zero ads, right out of the box.

/ Excessive ads? #60  
The actual difference is fairly small but might be exaggerated on different browsers.
Sure seems that way. I'm not enough of a computer geek to know which is the deciding factor, but I do know that with Linux Mint OS, running Firefox browser with UBlock ad blocker, I see no ads whatsoever on any forum.