Excessive ads?

/ Excessive ads? #42  
I would pay $50 to eliminate the ads.

I get ticked off when an ad with a woman having a great set of breasts only flashes for a second and vanishes to be replaced with a completely useless ad.

Would you pay $50 to only see certain, um, ads? 🤣

/ Excessive ads? #44  
We might need to offer that on the "other" TBN...

/ Excessive ads? #45  
Me thinks with limited internet it's the ads slowing page loading to a crawl?

Ads are everywhere in posts and page headers and footers...

As mentioned before a lot are political ads supporting or bashing candidates... nothing really on measures or propositions.

The ads are actually worse in that they block contents when on the laptop...

The Android and apple phones are pretty much in parity...

/ Excessive ads? #46  
I've recently noticed a big increase in adds on this forum. I'm using Chrome on andriod tablet. The most annoying is the one that is goes black across the screen and the more you scroll the more it fills the screen up with no add in it but it says click here for the add! Lol. Ya, that's exactly what I'm going to do. Idiots.
Anyway it's frustrating. I did notice previously if you weren't logged in you got pop up adds but logging in stopped that. And that I'm good with. But now it's stupid. Ya okay you can get an add blocker, I get that, and I suppose I will. I use quite a lot of forums and this one has jumped to the top worst for adds by a long margin. Which is a shame. I'm sure that's something that can be controlled by the administrators/providers. I understand adds are paying for the site but there's a balance to be had and I don't think this is it!

That's my useless 2 cents for what that is worth. (How many actually know what a cent is these days anymore??? Lol)
E
I’m OK with ads at the bottom of the page, but the recent obnoxious ads are now blocking much of the content and I can’t even read many comments now.

/ Excessive ads? #47  
Most of my web browsing is on my computer, but I do use my iPhone on occasions. I’ve never had this sort of problem on my iPhone. Using an iPhone XR running iOS 17.2.1
I’m starting to have this problem on my iPhone.

/ Excessive ads? #48  
It's like overlay ads or ads that come in from the side and pause and leave on the laptop.

All seem legit in that they advertise a product or service but one company temu I think it's called always has a mix of scantily clad females with ads for a meat slicer or rice cooker.

/ Excessive ads? #49  
I just mentioned Echo two posts ago and three echo adds just popped up...

Clearly the advertisers are not paying attention because my post was about all the gas powered equipment free for the taking.