Comparison Exmark Pioneer vs Toro Titan vs Ferris IS

/ Exmark Pioneer vs Toro Titan vs Ferris IS #11  
The Ferris is very close to what commercial mowers are selling for, some are even cheaper than that. If those were my choices Id go with Exmark and never look back.

/ Exmark Pioneer vs Toro Titan vs Ferris IS #12  
I have an Exmark Lazer Z and it has been flawless. Looked at a Scag, and really liked it also, but no dealers in the area. I get what you are saying about the ride though, probably want to make sure whichever mower you decide on has a suspension seat if your lawn is rough.

/ Exmark Pioneer vs Toro Titan vs Ferris IS #13  
I agree with Gary in that you don't need a 60" ZTR on that size property. You can save yourself some money by going with 48" or 52".

Also, it's gonna all come down to personal preference and comfort, because, also like Gary said, they all use mostly the same components. The seating position, deck design, and paint/stickers are the main difference.

If I was buying again, I'd probably buy the Ferris for the ride comfort. Even though I have read and heard some complaints on the cut quality compared to others, I'd still want comfort.

Now, if YOUR yard is flat and smooth, then spending that money on their suspension is probably money wasted.

Good luck!

/ Exmark Pioneer vs Toro Titan vs Ferris IS #14  
I suspect that if your property is really really rough you'll want a Ferris. But if its truly 95% flat and not terribly rough I suggest you consider a Scag Freedom Z or TigerCat. All the major brands make good solid equipment or they wouldn't still be major brands.

Congratulations on your new home.

/ Exmark Pioneer vs Toro Titan vs Ferris IS #15  
I'd go with the Toro because (1) "Toro Titan MX $6,100" best price of those you quoted, (2) "This one felt great and I almost bought on the spot. Has a very nice seat." You liked it, and (3) I have a Toro.:laughing:

Personal preference trumps everything else:laughing: but I'll bet you'll be happy with any of those.

/ Exmark Pioneer vs Toro Titan vs Ferris IS #16  
Price out an Exmark Lazer Z "E" model while you're at it. That's a full commercial mower and might not be much more money. In fact I'll bet it's in line with the Ferris you saw. Picking a dealer is also very important. We have many makes around here but only a few dealers Id trust to buy from. The rest aren't that good or look like they sell them as an afterthought. I tend to stick to John Deere mowers because I have tractors and parts are easy to get whenever. Plus the dealer always makes me a good deal on equipment it seems like and right now my dealer is offering 0% for 60 where Deere is only offering it for 48.

/ Exmark Pioneer vs Toro Titan vs Ferris IS #17  
Skip the suspension and get an air seat instead.

/ Exmark Pioneer vs Toro Titan vs Ferris IS #18  
The Ferris is very close to what commercial mowers are selling for, some are even cheaper than that. If those were my choices Id go with Exmark and never look back.

The Ferris IS2100 IS a commercial mower. The other two he is looking at are not.

To the OP, go ride around on the Toro or Exmark, and then go ride around on the Ferris. The suspension makes a huge difference. I don't have any of them, but I have driven the Ferris and others, and the suspension is not a gimmick. It really works.

/ Exmark Pioneer vs Toro Titan vs Ferris IS #19  
Thanks, Messmaker! oldnslo, I have no idea if I will go full speed but I will try because that is my personality. That being said, what would you pick?

I never have been a big fan of Zero turns but the best advice is find one that fits your needs. Example: A 5ft 6 inch 130 lb person probably will not be comfortable on the same machine as a 6 ft 250 lb person.

All the brands you mentioned are name brands so now it comes own to the dealer network in your area. Lcoally we have a very good dealers for Scag, Toro, JD with the dealers for Ferris & Exmark of questionable quality.

/ Exmark Pioneer vs Toro Titan vs Ferris IS #20  
Thanks, Messmaker! oldnslo, I have no idea if I will go full speed but I will try because that is my personality. That being said, what would you pick?

I think I would go with Scag then John Deere(I like the 7 iron deck, does not clog) then Toro,Hustler,Exmark tied for third.