Comparison Exmark Pioneer vs Toro Titan vs Ferris IS

/ Exmark Pioneer vs Toro Titan vs Ferris IS #21  
The best thing to do would be to watch the commercial cutters in your area and see what the most common brand is. That usually means theres a strong dealer support for that brand and that's a good sign. Commercial cutters need their machines serviced quickly and they usually go with a brand who has a good dealer.

I've found brands to be very regional. A lot of people recommend Exmark, but they are nonexistent in my area. The local Kubota dealer also sells Exmark and Bad Boy mowers. They only stock 1 or 2 Exmarks compared to probably 10 Bad Boys. Commercial cutters in my area are overwhelmingly Hustler with Grasshopper being second.

/ Exmark Pioneer vs Toro Titan vs Ferris IS #22  
The best thing to do would be to watch the commercial cutters in your area and see what the most common brand is. That usually means theres a strong dealer support for that brand and that's a good sign. Commercial cutters need their machines serviced quickly and they usually go with a brand who has a good dealer.

I've found brands to be very regional. A lot of people recommend Exmark, but they are nonexistent in my area. The local Kubota dealer also sells Exmark and Bad Boy mowers. They only stock 1 or 2 Exmarks compared to probably 10 Bad Boys. Commercial cutters in my area are overwhelmingly Hustler with Grasshopper being second.

That's a great point.

Most companies here in S/E Michigan seem to have Exmark, Bobcat, then a mix of Scag & Hustler. I think I've only ever seen one or two Grasshopper mowers EVER in use.

/ Exmark Pioneer vs Toro Titan vs Ferris IS #23  
Exactly! I've never seen a Bobcat mower or dealer at all...EVER. Brands are definitely very regional.

/ Exmark Pioneer vs Toro Titan vs Ferris IS #24  
The suspension on the Ferris is not overrated, and not something to be scared of.. its very simple. An IS2100 is a lot more machine than the other two, look at a lower series.

I sell eXmark, Scag, Hustler, Kubota, Ferris, Snapper, etc. There are few bad zero turns out there, but real differences are hard to find. Ferris does have the suspension thing cornered and its a real feature.

/ Exmark Pioneer vs Toro Titan vs Ferris IS #25  
The suspension on the Ferris is not overrated, and not something to be scared of.. its very simple. An IS2100 is a lot more machine than the other two, look at a lower series.

I sell eXmark, Scag, Hustler, Kubota, Ferris, Snapper, etc. There are few bad zero turns out there, but real differences are hard to find. Ferris does have the suspension thing cornered and its a real feature.

Thank you - that's what I was saying in my earlier post - and I'm glad to have a knowledgable dealer back it up. The Ferris suspension (at least on their commercial models like the 2100, 3100 and 3200) is the real deal.

Around here, Scag is probably on more pro trailers than any other brand. John Deere is probably second. I also see a fair number of Grasshoppers and a few eXmarks. I'm still jonesing for a Grasshopper front mount mower with the powerfold deck.

/ Exmark Pioneer vs Toro Titan vs Ferris IS #26  
I bought my eXmark Lazer Z in 2001. (after my Ex wife was no longer my wife and could not veto my new mower choice)
So far I have put on a mule belt, a deck belt, a fuel filter, and blades every year (because I abuse the heII out of them in the woods)

Other than that, I service it every year and have over 1200 hours on it, and it still runs like brand new,

Anyone who can give that kind of testimony re any of those other brands, have at er

One other thing, I only run non ethanol gas in it, and have for the last 8 years

/ Exmark Pioneer vs Toro Titan vs Ferris IS #27  
That's a great point.

Most companies here in S/E Michigan seem to have Exmark, Bobcat, then a mix of Scag & Hustler. I think I've only ever seen one or two Grasshopper mowers EVER in use.

My next door neighbor had a Grasshopper for one season, he hated it and traded it
He says the rear wobblers would drill into the soil and get stuck on spit

/ Exmark Pioneer vs Toro Titan vs Ferris IS #28  
My next door neighbor had a Grasshopper for one season, he hated it and traded it
He says the rear wobblers would drill into the soil and get stuck on spit

What is a wobbler:confused3:

/ Exmark Pioneer vs Toro Titan vs Ferris IS #30  
My next door neighbor had a Grasshopper for one season, he hated it and traded it He says the rear wobblers would drill into the soil and get stuck on spit

Yeah, that's a front mount mower which is a different animal. I think we are all talking about mid mount versions. I know my Hopper is like a dang goat. It hugs the hills and sticks like glue. Granted mine is the largest size model they make and I think being a diesel makes it even heavier than the same mower in a gas engine.