expectation of privacy?????

/ expectation of privacy????? #21  
<font color="green"> I've been to many many forums, and I have yet to find one that allows all members to be moderators. If you know of one that does, please post a link. </font>

If it existed, this might be the URL: http://www.lets-have-anarchy.com/ /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

SnowRidge

/ expectation of privacy????? #22  
I am a little baffled by the question of whether the PM system is secure. I watch the history channel and know that my phone calls can be listened to, my e-mail read, a little dish thing can hear me in the house talking to the wife, shoot, I understand there are satellites that can watch me pee in the woods. I am a simple carpenter and I knew all that so I would suspect everyone else does also. So it would seem that the real question is not whether PM's can be read but if they are read. We have been told no they are not monitored. For some reason there seems to be enough paranoia going on lately I don't think that will be believed by everyone either. I am still a little baffled. If people want to get together through PM's and talk about how badly Muhammad or the Moderators do there job go ahead. What's the worst that can happen? You are not allowed at Muhammad's party that you feel is so bad to begin with? So what, find a different party.

Now I would hate to see anyone leave and especially Junkman. I think he is funny and I don't get to smile as much as I like to. There seems to be a group that has gotten on a no censorship and freedom of speech theme lately. Hey, this isn't the Supreme Court, this is a private business that is here to talk about tractors and sell advertising. The business has the right to set whatever rules they feel will make the business more successful. If people feel that the freedom to say whatever they want is guaranteed in all venues try yelling "Bomb" in an airport.

That's 2 more cents than I have said in a long time. I've talked privately to some senior members that are drifting away because the atmosphere is becoming more combative and less enjoyable for them here. I hate that! I hope we can get back to tractors and leave some of the other subjects to forums that exist for those subjects.

MarkV

/ expectation of privacy????? #23  
I have been here for many changes of the site. I was here, before we even had moderators. Good decisions have been made by Muhammad and the administration to help make a place to where we can all be comfortable and discuss tractors and a few other things. As the number of posts have grow so has the responsibility. The responsibility to maintain a respectable site. This is a respectable site and I for one would like to keep it that way. The moderators do a good job considering the number of posts and the ever decreasing number of moderators. They are human also as some members forget at times. We all make mistakes. My hat is off the Muhammad and the moderators for the job they do and the site that they help to provide.

/ expectation of privacy????? #24  
There aren't too many things these days that are invaluable but that you still get for FREE. TBN is one of them. Without TBN I probably would have: (1) bought the wrong tractor; (2) paid too much for it; (3) not bought the right options/implements, and (4) probably injured myself\someone else using the thing improperly. To some with tractor experience, TBN may not be as valuable, but to us rookies, it saves us alot of grief and expense. Let's not cut open the goose that's laying the golden eggs. I have not a single complaint with how TBN is operated, so keep up the good work!! I need my TBN!!!

/ expectation of privacy????? #25  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I understand there are satellites that can watch me pee in the woods.
MarkV
)</font>

Mark, down at the secret office we were pretty sure that was you, but since you usually look down or from side to side while doing "it" we couldn't confirm it. Thanks for the confirmation, now the guys can map out that bald spot on the back of your head for easier identification next time they see you out in the woods. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Seriously, though, lets all go back and read this from the beginning. As I put 2+2 together, it seems like MossRoad sent Junkman a private email that Junkman posted in a thread? If that is correct, then isn't it MossRoad who expected some level of privacy?

/ expectation of privacy????? #26  
Personally, if Muhammad says that the PM's are not screened or monitored, that's good enough for me. I, for one, trust the integrity, honesty and impartiality of the moderators and the administrator. If I didn't, I wouldn't use the board.

Look, this is really simple. If you have any doubt about the security of the PM system and you think the information you are sending is of a vital and confidential nature, don't use it.

This looks to be some personal spat between two members over a perceived breach of confidentiality that doesn't and shouldn't involve the rest of the members of this board. Let them figure it out and and the rest of us move on. Life's too short to be worrying about boogey men shifting through all the bits and pieces in our personal trash cans.

Let's get back to what this board does best ... talk about tractors and gather and diseminate information and opinions about tractors.

/ expectation of privacy????? #27  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( can map out that bald spot on the back of your head for easier identification next time they see you out in the woods. )</font>

Bob, with my bald spot they ask me to stay inside when the space shuttle is landing so they don't head to the wrong spot. No need for a spy satellite. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

MarkV

/ expectation of privacy????? #28  
We do seem to be a nation of the offended don't we /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Don't worry nothings going to be allright.

/ expectation of privacy????? #29  
I can't imagine anyone in this country that has ANY extensive expectation of privacy any longer. All e-mails, telephone calls etc. can all be monitored one way or another. I can't for the life of me though, imagine why any administrator or moderator for that matter would bother to monitor PMs. I know I have a lot to do every day, and I'm sure they do too. What benefit would come from reading PMs? You'd find out someone was talking trash to someone else? Wouldn't get any awards or benefits that I can see. I think we should all consider that our very keystokes, at any time, on any computer, can be watched if the right/wrong person's wish to do so. It's not that hard, and probably happens more than anyone care's to admit. John

/ expectation of privacy????? #30  
It seems to me that the moderators have a pretty thankless job. Lots of work, no pay, and having to deal only with complaints. I sure wouldn't want to be one. I could see how that would take all of the fun out of TBN