Extended Crew Cab- The SuperDuperDuty family hauler

/ Extended Crew Cab- The SuperDuperDuty family hauler #11  
I was just thinking that it's to bad that we don't live closer together, then again..... it's probably a good thing that we don't...LOL.

My kind of project.

/ Extended Crew Cab- The SuperDuperDuty family hauler #12  
Followed the engine swap, now I have to follow this.

/ Extended Crew Cab- The SuperDuperDuty family hauler #13  
Wouldn't it be easier to start with an excursion and add a bed?

/ Extended Crew Cab- The SuperDuperDuty family hauler
Wouldn't it be easier to start with an excursion and add a bed?

If I had found an Excursion for a good price, maybe. But the rear doors are different, as is the rear seat area of the floor pan. I could have made it work but prefered to start with a truck chassis. Mostly because I needed a short bed rear frame section that was solid.

/ Extended Crew Cab- The SuperDuperDuty family hauler #15  
Is a few variations locally. I don't think it looks good with the 6.5' bed. Needs to be 8' for proportions to look right...

Due to lenth and personal preference, I'm going with the short bed. The final wheelbase will be 4" longer than a crew cab long bed, and the same as crew cab 9' cab n chassis truck. Having driven a dually work truck for years, and the wife can park her Excursion better than most wives can park Honda Civic, the combo Im building will be a good compromise of family hauler and truck bed with G/N capabilities.

/ Extended Crew Cab- The SuperDuperDuty family hauler #17  
   / Extended Crew Cab- The SuperDuperDuty family hauler #18  
Due to lenth and personal preference, I'm going with the short bed. The final wheelbase will be 4" longer than a crew cab long bed, and the same as crew cab 9' cab n chassis truck. Having driven a dually work truck for years, and the wife can park her Excursion better than most wives can park Honda Civic, the combo Im building will be a good compromise of family hauler and truck bed with G/N capabilities.

Building for your needs is a better idea than building for appearance anyhow. Same as the others, I wanted to follow the build and hope it goes smooth for ya.

Building for your needs is a better idea than building for appearance anyhow. Same as the others, I wanted to follow the build and hope it goes smooth for ya.

If I was building for looks, I wouldnt have to build anything... I love the way my ext cab short bed looks right now... Slight lift, slightly larger tires, brush guard, etc... Too bad the rear frame is rusted to junk status as is the cab and bed...

Only got an hour or so to work on stripping the crew cab more this evening. Started on the dash assembly, but not yet ready to disable the truck yet, it can still run and move on its own power. Wanted to test all power windows before stripping the doors, as there is no wiring disconnect at the jams, wiring from cab goes thru the door to the power locks, windows, speakers. Rear doors ok, and wiring removed, as well as all 4 door panels. Front windows are on the fritz, which confuses me, I know the driver window worked the other day... can hear frantic relay clicking under the dash... hmmm.