Extended Crew Cab- The SuperDuperDuty family hauler

/ Extended Crew Cab- The SuperDuperDuty family hauler #21  
The window issue may be the three little bushings around the drive gear, they tend to crumble and the window will work sporadically. Easy fix and about $4.

/ Extended Crew Cab- The SuperDuperDuty family hauler #22  
Looking forward to following your progress. I've had a few ideas like this over the years, but fortunately lack the skills to actually do them, so i do other things to eat up my time and finances.

/ Extended Crew Cab- The SuperDuperDuty family hauler
I think my window issues are grounding related. When removing the wiring in the rear section of the cab, one of the grounds bolts to the cab at the left rear corner pillar. I am going to reattach that and see if the front windows work properly. I know one worked fine when I unloaded the truck off the trailer.

Eddie, I hope I have the skills, my bigger issue is time and money. Cutting and splicing the cabs together is well within my ability, but welding the frame rails back together is something I will pester my wife's cousin to do, he's 2 miles up the road, and a certified professional welder whom I would trust. Everything else I can handle on my own, aside from times I need extra hands for big objects...

Window issue mostly solved... hooked up ground by rear speaker and front driver window worked fine. Still no right front. Found motor disconnected. Reconnecting it made motor click/hum, so I will budget in a new window motor for that door, as the only other door I can rob parts from also has a going-bad motor.

No progress for a few days... and for good reason... one of the reasons I need a 9 passenger truck in the first place... My wife delivered a healthy baby boy last night about 10:15pm. Mom and son are both doing great, will get to go home sometime tomorrow afternoon.

Attachments

• 20170817_102312.jpg
    20170817_102312.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 327
Last edited:
   / Extended Crew Cab- The SuperDuperDuty family hauler #26  
Congrats on scoring a new tractoring buddy! :drink:

/ Extended Crew Cab- The SuperDuperDuty family hauler #29  
Hay! Congrats!

/ Extended Crew Cab- The SuperDuperDuty family hauler #30  
Are you sure there is enough room in your State to turn that thing around?