Fair price for welding work?

/ Fair price for welding work? #41  
Well they look like pretty good welds, just looked at the one picture blowed up. But sometimes thats the problem with a mig weld.

/ Fair price for welding work?
Looks like pretty nice work

I thought so. There are a few spots in there that I welded. I had never done it and I'm always am eager to try something new. I'm not bragging, but you wouldn't be able to pick them out:cool:

Well they look like pretty good welds, just looked at the one picture blowed up. But sometimes thats the problem with a mig weld.

These pic files are huge. You can see a lot of detail. Look over several of them an let me know what you think? I can say this, he took his time and used a lot of wire. Did full beads all the way around. Time will tell:)

/ Fair price for welding work? #44  
I just looked at a few more,[my dial up is well dial up],kinda blurry on my screen,almost look like stick weld on a few spots,and a little rough but close up like that they [well most] look a little rough. Bet they'll be alright though. Thing about a mig,unless you clean good and turn it up some,you can get cold lap and lack of fusion,which you can't see.Thats what I was saying about that 110 volt machine,but I've never used a 110 volt,must put out more than I thought.

I always fill my groove,which means as many passes as it takes,unless I'm welding something real thin,I always put at least two passes[root and cover],just how I learned welding pipe,on pressure pipe I always put at least three passes,[root,hot/fill,and cap/cover],one right over the other.
Makes for a better looking job,you get root in, grind high spots than hot fill over,[might have to do many more fill passes depends on thickness],knock the high spots off with grinder and cover,you can put a better looking final weld on than trying to do it in one pass that way,other ways of stacking beads and weaving beads,just depends on what and in what postion.

/ Fair price for welding work? #45  
Looks like good welds to me. When I welded the hooks on my bucket I used 3/16" angle for reinforcement too. I had to repaint the inside of my bucket. I used the millermatic 250 and they've held more than what the bucket is rated. I chain my tractor on the trailer with those hooks. I welded them onto the trailer too.

/ Fair price for welding work? #46  
The whole installation looks very professional. You should think about making installation kits available to others.

/ Fair price for welding work? #47  
Be careful because the grab hooks are forged steel and require preheating before welding and what you typically see is the first side will crack away and the second will hold a little better because the first weld preheated it. I would also be cautious because a low amp mig does not penetrate the metals well and they may look good but not hold much. Maybe proof test the grab hooks for your security.

The whole installation looks very professional. You should think about making installation kits available to others.

Yeah? you ought to see it painted:) Pics soon.