Family Tradition

/ Family Tradition #91  
You may be right. I think I have only met two women that I can remember that were clear and concise in their thinking and communication.

If you had ever met my wife, your total would still be 2 after you woke up (because you fell asleep). There is no such thing as 25 words or less with her.

/ Family Tradition #92  
For the most part I haven't had problems with loaning out my tractor. I used to have a brother that abused the privilege, but he's pushing up daises. The interesting part is that not to many neighbors are sad about it as I wasn't the only one he abused. Most that have used my tractor have treated it with respect.

I had an interesting way of dealing with my sons and tools. I told them they could use anything they wanted but they had to put it back after they were done. This was still when they lived at home. I only had to go looking for tools once. The rest of the times they put the tools back.

/ Family Tradition #93  
For the most part I haven't had problems with loaning out my tractor. I used to have a brother that abused the privilege, but he's pushing up daises. The interesting part is that not to many neighbors are sad about it as I wasn't the only one he abused. Most that have used my tractor have treated it with respect.

I had an interesting way of dealing with my sons and tools. I told them they could use anything they wanted but they had to put it back after they were done. This was still when they lived at home. I only had to go looking for tools once. The rest of the times they put the tools back.

The kids are the reason I quit buying expensive hand tools. Found to many good tools rusting in the woods and vehicle engines dismembered. Said they were just helping dad work on the cars.

/ Family Tradition #94  
The kids are the reason I quit buying expensive hand tools. Found to many good tools rusting in the woods and vehicle engines dismembered. Said they were just helping dad work on the cars.

Trouble is some of our kids do not realize that expensive tools are not to be used as hammers. That is what cheap tools are for. :laughing:

/ Family Tradition #95  
The first time that you say no, it's the hardest, but over time, it does get easier. Especially when you realize how little they care about you and your stuff.

I had a good friend to borrow my new jeep. He took it four wheeling, brought it back full of mud, and out of gas (it had a full tank)...then he had the gall to complain about the ride.

/ Family Tradition #96  
If you had ever met my wife, your total would still be 2 after you woke up (because you fell asleep). There is no such thing as 25 words or less with her.

My wife and I both like to read..... So if I want a shorter version of the story I ask for the "Reader's Digest Condensed version". It's fun watching her struggle to say something with less words, but she can do it!

/ Family Tradition #98  

With my father, "back" might mean on the bench or floor next to whatever he had been working on the night before. If you used a wrench which was laying next to the truck, and returned it back on the wall where it belonged; it was just something he had to go find that night.