Famous horses and their riders...Trivia question

/ Famous horses and their riders...Trivia question #31  
Neat info, bullbreaker!

As far as Rowdy Yates horse, maybe its name was "Clint"? :)

/ Famous horses and their riders...Trivia question
Seems General Custer had two favorite horses; one of which survived the Battle of Little Big Horn; the other one, actually ridden by Custer during the battle, was either killed or claimed as a trophy of war.

/ Famous horses and their riders...Trivia question #33  
Stonewall Jackson's horse was Little Sorel. They have him stuffed in the museum at Virginia Military Institute in Lexington, Va.

Traveller, Lee's horse, is buried outside the Lee chapel at Washington and Lee college which sits adjacent to VMI in Lexington.

/ Famous horses and their riders...Trivia question #34  
I'll toss in my contribution to this thread...by what name was Owen Harlow Mickel more commonly known? (No fair Googling!:D)

Custer had two horses; Vic and Dandy. Vic died at Little Big Horn, Dandy survived. Rowdy Yate's horse was Midnight.

Anyone remember Elmer Sneezeweed? His horse was named "Flash". Johnny Mack Brown...Rebel.

/ Famous horses and their riders...Trivia question #40  
Montie Montana -- Owen Harlen Mickel

(I had some google help)

You're right, k0ua and yes, I misspelled his name. :eek:

At least one of his horses was named Rex.

Montie was born in Wolf Point, a small town in northern Montana and a year later in 1910 his father homesteaded in the Big Muddy area of Saskatchewan, close to where my own father homesteaded after he came from Alabama in the 20s. (And no, he didn't play the banjo! :D)