Famous horses and their riders...Trivia question

/ Famous horses and their riders...Trivia question #42  
Speaking of Trigger. Back in 1955 or 56. Roy Rogers came to Nashville, dale Evans with Buttermilk, well the whole crew. I was a little half pint back then. I had my cowboy hat, gloves with long cuffs, chaps, checked shirt with bandana around my neck. Ohh had my six guns. Chrome, just like Roy's. Mom works us kids up to the front so we could see everyone getting off the plane. Roy Rogers has talking to a guy with a microphone and when he was done he headed towards the crowd. He signed autographs for a good thirty minutes. It seems like an eternity to me. I was waiting to see him pass by me. As he was walking by he all of a sudden stopped in his tracks not looking my way and turned and stopped and looked at me. He knelt down and said "howdy pawdna". He held out his hand and he said. "Let me shake your hand cowboy". My jaw dropped and was speachless. I waved bye and we waved back. I told my mom. "I"ll never wash this hand again".

/ Famous horses and their riders...Trivia question
Speaking of Trigger. Back in 1955 or 56. Roy Rogers came to Nashville, dale Evans with Buttermilk, well the whole crew. I was a little half pint back then. I had my cowboy hat, gloves with long cuffs, chaps, checked shirt with bandana around my neck. Ohh had my six guns. Chrome, just like Roy's. Mom works us kids up to the front so we could see everyone getting off the plane. Roy Rogers has talking to a guy with a microphone and when he was done he headed towards the crowd. He signed autographs for a good thirty minutes. It seems like an eternity to me. I was waiting to see him pass by me. As he was walking by he all of a sudden stopped in his tracks not looking my way and turned and stopped and looked at me. He knelt down and said "howdy pawdna". He held out his hand and he said. "Let me shake your hand cowboy". My jaw dropped and was speachless. I waved bye and we waved back. I told my mom. "I"ll never wash this hand again".

Wow! The experience of a lifetime. Roy was my hero; still is. He was a man of integrity; loved his wife and family and dedicated his life to the Lord.