file speed?

/ file speed? #11  
The Oregon electric chain saw bench grinder is $199.99 at the moment. They had a like new unit for $154 so I bought that one, but will have to see what shape it's in when it gets here.
I actually have 2 and the Oregon grinder has some disadvantages, well one glaring disadvantage and that is the depth stop on it is poorly designed and it's very hard to consistently set the grind depth which is an issue because you don't want to grind into the connecting links on the loop. That is frustrating especially when you are grinding multiple loops like I do. I want to set the grind depth and have it remain consistent over a number of loops (so long as they are all the same gage, example, all 404 or 325).

I went and purchased another one a much less expensive one actually, a Vevor bench mount grinder on Amazon (99 bucks delivered) with consternation because it's a Chinese clone copy of the Oregon, which in reality is a Tecomec, made in Italy. All the oregon grinders with the exception of the automated chain grinder (very expensive) are Tecomec.

Boy was I surprised with the Vevor. It's an exact copy of the Oregon with 2 exceptions, one, it's bench mount only whereas the Oregon can be wall mounted, no big deal for me as both are mounted to a 2x4 which I 'C' clamp to my welding table and 2, The Vevor depth of grind stop is light years better that the Oregon, very positive and secure so I use the Vevor to grind my loops and the Oregon to grind my raker height (if necessary) and both run CBN wheels.

Finally, the chain vise on the Vevor is more substantial than the Oregon and it's marked in degrees of offset when compound grinding. The Oregon isn't. Well worth 99 bucks. Glad I bought it. Only drawback i see is the wheel shield on the Vevor is a PITA to remove and re-install but I don't use a shield on either because the CBN wheels are precision balanced (unlike the stone wheels) and the CBN wheels will never explode (like the stone wheels can). I leave the safety guards off entirely.

/ file speed? #12  
Seems like I need to cancel and get the Vevor.

Which CBN wheel brand do you like?

/ file speed? #13  
I have a similar tool Arly, it’s like a Dremel but hooks up to a 12 volt battery so you can sharpen in the field. I hardly ever use it but it seems like it’s cranking pretty fast, like a higher speed on a dremel. Like 5030 I hand sharpen and sharpen my chain every tank of fuel or every other tank.

/ file speed? #14  
Silvey is way too expensive for 99% of people.
Did I say silvey? Read the post.

I said a file is to easy to toss that corded thing IMO. Then I said round grinder by stihl or even any cheaper round grinder. If you get cutters goofed up. Just read post. 🤦‍♂️ 🤷‍♂️ :rolleyes:

I sold that silvey square grinder with stand in 5mins after posting for 550 in my chainsaw group. Could have sold a dozen of them if I had them that day.

filegb.jpg

usg.jpg

Last edited:
   / file speed? #15  
The Silvey is in your picture is it not???? I also see a blown out stone wheel on the bench. Hopefully, you didn't get a face full...

filegb.jpg

silveyx.jpg

/ file speed? #16  
Not at all and I always like posted pictures as they allow me to have a look see at a lot more than you realize.

Have a nice day, I'm going to. :rolleyes:

/ file speed? #17  
You guys suggested getting some 5/32 diamond round files for a dremal type tool. Just tried one out today and seems to work quite well but my 2 speed dremel seem fast. What are you guys using to power these? Speed?View attachment 815615
I have one of these.

dial-a-speed, to satisfy my likes. ;-)

/ file speed?
I've done three or more chains now, all while on the saws. Maybe my dermel speed (just has one) is OK. It just takes a second or two on each tooth and they don't smoke or change color.

/ file speed?
I normally use three saws every day and been quite happy with these diamond stone sharpening on my dremel.

MTP Tm Pack of 5 5/32" Diamond Chainsaw Sharpener Burr Stone File Fits Dremel Craftsman Chicago Black & Decker Husqvarna Ryobi Echo Poulan Gas/Electrical Chain Saw
1692188003541.jpeg

/ file speed?
I normally use three saws every day and been quite happy with these diamond stone sharpening on my dremel.

MTP Tm Pack of 5 5/32" Diamond Chainsaw Sharpener Burr Stone File Fits Dremel Craftsman Chicago Black & Decker Husqvarna Ryobi Echo Poulan Gas/Electrical Chain Saw View attachment 816318

Does more durable or longer lasting 5/32 bits exist? My cheap ones only last 2 chain sharpening workig on these baby sized chains.