file speed?

/ file speed? #21  
One inherent challenge to rotary sharpening bits is that they only have a 5/32 diameter to begin with which means the sharpening media sees a high use per unit of surface area compared to the size of sharpening surface area of the diamond wheels that fit the Oregon style bench saw grinders.

/ file speed?
One inherent challenge to rotary sharpening bits is that they only have a 5/32 diameter to begin with which means the sharpening media sees a high use per unit of surface area compared to the size of sharpening surface area of the diamond wheels that fit the Oregon style bench saw grinders.
The ones I have are diamond.

/ file speed? #23  
I had the same issue with the stone bits wearing out, what's seemed like faster than they should. Problem they would get smaller diameter, making the tooth 'wrong'. I'm surprised those diamond cutters wear out that fast, I wanted to try something else here...... I go through many chains on a firewood processor (just a 18" bar with a 325 pitch) but can't be sharpened on the machine, so I take 3-4 chains, easy.to.swap them out.
One thing I've noticed, this machine will NOT work with a crooked cutting chain. Bar wear, drive sprocket wear or the depth gauges not set to the teeth will cause it to bind up more than the teeth being filed inconsistently. Hand filing has been working fine. A friend uses a Sthil 12v Dremel like machine on his, but does not talk about how many stones he goes through. But his saw is always the best cutting one around.
Must be trail clearing time Arly?

/ file speed? #24  
Going off my recollection (which could be dangerous), but my recollection is Project Farm liked the rotary tool sharpener, liked the Granberg file guide system, and liked the 2 in 1 Sthil hand file sharpener. But I don't recall any evaluation of how long the sharpening bits lasted.

The results from hand filing are going to be better when the chain is clamped in a position that makes it easier to file more consistently from a comfortable standing position.