Filter Scam Alert

/ Filter Scam Alert #11  
you all forget that the tractor dealers are in business to make money. ya'll probably didn't pay the asking price of the tractor, why shouldn't pay the list price of the filter. it was your, call it stupidity, for not researching enough and making enough calls to find a cheaper filter. then you want the dealer to cut his prices because of you mistake??? i bet your the same person that goes to a restaurant, orders and eats a wonderful meal, and then complains so you can get a free or reduced price on the meal so you don't have to pay full price!!! and then you ***** when you don't get paid enough at work!!!

/ Filter Scam Alert #12  
you all forget that the tractor dealers are in business to make money. ya'll probably didn't pay the asking price of the tractor, why shouldn't pay the list price of the filter. it was your, call it stupidity, for not researching enough and making enough calls to find a cheaper filter. then you want the dealer to cut his prices because of you mistake??? i bet your the same person that goes to a restaurant, orders and eats a wonderful meal, and then complains so you can get a free or reduced price on the meal so you don't have to pay full price!!! and then you ***** when you don't get paid enough at work!!!

Well, apparently you didn't actually read (or comprehend) the story OP told..

/ Filter Scam Alert #13  
If Barton calls you and wants to settle, tell them to pound salt and that they owe you $120 (3x damages) for fraud.

That ain't going to happen, there is no basis for 3X

/ Filter Scam Alert #14  
That ain't going to happen, there is no basis for 3X

Perhaps not where you are. Some states allow 2x and 3x damages for wrongdoing especially if you can show fraud. Granted, it's not automatic and it might mean going to small claims court but the possibility remains.

/ Filter Scam Alert #15  
I had the same thing happen to me. Tractorjoe sent me an off brand filter which they built up to be an oem kioti. Be careful of Tractorjoe's.
I called Tractorjoe. I demanded my $$ back. I spoke with the owner. A women with a very thick Russian accent. After a considerable amount of time, I was able to return the filter for a refund.

/ Filter Scam Alert #16  
You might want to send that info to Kioti Corporate. They may be interested in maintaining their ownership of the Kioti name. They can make life miserable for the cheaters and scammers if they know about it.

Another possibility is that the vender has no control over "drop shipped" items. That's one of the reasons I don't knowingly deal with them. It's either in stock or it's not. Resist the temptation of getting something for nothing.

/ Filter Scam Alert

What do you think should be the mark up on a $4 filter? If you are in business to make money, you double it. Barton just multiplies by ten. That's just pure greed. I'm sure they would sell a $20,000 tractor for $200,000 if they could.

/ Filter Scam Alert #18  
I'll tell you my story. You choose if you want to avoid Barton tractor or not.
So I'm looking for filters for the first time and I find alternatives (cheaper) for the LS filters thru Wix, etc. But I can't find a cheaper HST Filter for whatever reason. A few places list the OEM LS filter for HST at around $40. OK, that's expensive for a filter, but it's OEM and everyone knows you pay more for "brand name" parts.

So I find this place: LSTractorParts4Less
It says right on their parts page, qoute, "All of our products are OEM products. Shipped from the Manufacturers directly." And they have a picture of the LS OEM part in the listing.
So I can't find a cheaper brand of part #40007563, so I buy the $40 OEM part from them, +$6 shipping. $46
What I get in the mail is a "Zinga" filter. I look it up and it's $8 retail. Barton probably buys them for $4.
So Barton multiplies by ten times and sells for $40. Nice profit, but a little over the top even for "dealer part prices".
Yea, they ripped me good. Partly my fault, buyer beware of unscrupulous sellers, and all that.
Lesson learned on the old bait and switch.
Oh, and for those of you who say just return it...they have a catch for that too. You can return an item , IF, they receive it less than 7 days after you bought it. By the time I got it and opened it, 4 days from order date had passed. My mistake again. I did not open the box the day I received it. I assumed they had sent me an OEM part, like they promise. DON"T ASSUME...
And, even if you can get it back that fast...15% restocking fee.
At this point I could go into a rant about evil sellers, but I can't be bothered. You can draw your own conclusions.

I'm not defending anyone here.

I work for a LS dealer. When I order a 40007563 filter from LS it's a Zinga filter with an LS sticker on the plastic wrapper.

/ Filter Scam Alert #19  
I'm not defending anyone here.

I work for a LS dealer. When I order a 40007563 filter from LS it's a Zinga filter with an LS sticker on the plastic wrapper.

Ya.. Owning an orphaned ZTR (Gizmow) means finding parts elsewhere. When I had a spindle break recently, I searched high and low for a replacement and finally ran across one from a Great Dane that looked the same. Found them on eBay for ~$50 all day long, but not wanting to 'risk it', I ended up at an Ariens dealer here.. Darn thing cost $185 and was exactly the same as the eBay ones. Right down to the Chinese bearings and markings. Never will I go to a dealer again.

/ Filter Scam Alert #20  
Did you dispute these charges? I am wandering. I was pricing tractors, and found their dealership, after reading this. I did not even contact them

Granted on first service for piece of mind we all want to use OEM labeled filters.
We know LS does not make their own filters, but sometimes their tolerances are tighter, or at least in case of failure have proof where they came from.