Filter Scam Alert

/ Filter Scam Alert #21  
I'm not defending anyone here.

I work for a LS dealer. When I order a 40007563 filter from LS it's a Zinga filter with an LS sticker on the plastic wrapper.

I was wondering if this was the reason. I doubt you get it for $4.00 wholesale from LS.

/ Filter Scam Alert
If the Zinga replacement is "THE" one everyone uses, fine. But don't try to manipulate customers into thinking it is an OEM product.
Some places are good, they give you all the relevant facts and let you choose. I have to think that these are the companies that will succeed.
If Barton wants to play that game fine. Like I told them, you made a killing on a filter. If you lose just one tractor sale, was it worth it?
Some dealers are short sighted and go for the quick buck and I have to think that these are the ones who will fail...at least I hope so.

I did not challenge the cc bill. Not up for the aggravation.
Barton won that battle. Hopefully they will lose the war. I'm not angry and I don't hold grudges, but I won't forget it. They have just signed up for 50 years of negative publicity from me and the other victims. Thank you.

/ Filter Scam Alert #23  
Well, a little over the top here if you ask me.

This has gone on for a while and I'll admit that I didn't go re-read all of it. But, I've purchased filters from them before. Got just what I ordered and at market competitive pricing that I was aware of ahead of time. You do know that you have two filters in your hydraulic system (?) --- a hydraulic filter and a transmission filter. The Zinga filter was the OEM transmission filter on my tractor.

/ Filter Scam Alert
Well, a little over the top here if you ask me.

This has gone on for a while and I'll admit that I didn't go re-read all of it. But, I've purchased filters from them before. Got just what I ordered and at market competitive pricing that I was aware of ahead of time. You do know that you have two filters in your hydraulic system (?) --- a hydraulic filter and a transmission filter. The Zinga filter was the OEM transmission filter on my tractor.

Yea, well...ya know...the Bible...it's a little over the top... but I didn't read all of it ya know...but I'll just assume I know what's in it and make a judgement based on that....

Seriously though. Of coarse it's "over the top" to you. You didn't pay $40 for a $4 filter. Let's see your attitude when YOU get ripped off...I would bet it changes quickly.

/ Filter Scam Alert #25  
Be careful with after market oil filters while under warranty. If an engine was to fail under warranty and LS determines the filter did not meet OEM specs they could decline the warranty. I personally feel they would not do this, but since oils changes are not done that often I strongly suggest buying the Denso filters that LS brands and sells through their dealer network.

/ Filter Scam Alert #26  
I work at Barton Tractor. We are the owners of W W W .LSTRACTORPARTS4LESS. C O M. We are a small town dealership in PA, which all of this can be seen at our website. We drop ship filters DIRECTLY from LS. That is why we are able to cut costs, and sell the filters online for a cheaper price than you will find anywhere else.

This post is in reply to a post from DAVESTEVE posted on 7/1/2016. Here is what his post reads:

I'll tell you my story. You choose if you want to avoid Barton tractor or not.
So I'm looking for filters for the first time and I find alternatives (cheaper) for the LS filters thru Wix, etc. But I can't find a cheaper HST Filter for whatever reason. A few places list the OEM LS filter for HST at around $40. OK, that's expensive for a filter, but it's OEM and everyone knows you pay more for "brand name" parts.

So I find this place: LSTractorParts4Less
It says right on their parts page, qoute, "All of our products are OEM products. Shipped from the Manufacturers directly." And they have a picture of the LS OEM part in the listing.
So I can't find a cheaper brand of part #40007563, so I buy the $40 OEM part from them, +$6 shipping. $46
What I get in the mail is a "Zinga" filter. I look it up and it's $8 retail. Barton probably buys them for $4.
So Barton multiplies by ten times and sells for $40. Nice profit, but a little over the top even for "dealer part prices".
Yea, they ripped me good. Partly my fault, buyer beware of unscrupulous sellers, and all that.
Lesson learned on the old bait and switch.
Oh, and for those of you who say just return it...they have a catch for that too. You can return an item , IF, they receive it less than 7 days after you bought it. By the time I got it and opened it, 4 days from order date had passed. My mistake again. I did not open the box the day I received it. I assumed they had sent me an OEM part, like they promise. DON"T ASSUME...
And, even if you can get it back that fast...15% restocking fee.
At this point I could go into a rant about evil sellers, but I can't be bothered. You can draw your own conclusions.

First of all, we want to say we are a family owned business. Our prices, whether it be parts or tractors, are very competitive and usually lower than any of our competition. We started the LStractorparts4less site to accommodate our customers if they are within some driving distance from our shop and to also build rapor with other customers as well that do not live near a dealership and need access to the parts and filters. Parts are drop shipped from LS out of North Carolina. We have been selling LS since 2011.

First, it should be noted, that the Zinga branded filter that is used on the XR3135H(which is what "DAVESTEVE' HAS), as well as many other models included with a hydrostatic transmission, is not manufactured by Ls corporation, and here is why.

The hydrostatic units are NOT manufactured by LS. LS has them made elsewhere. Instead of LS selling a filter for a product they do not produce (in other word, selling a filter with the LS Name on it) THEY FOLLOW THE RECOMMENDATIONS OF THE MANUFACTURER OF THAT ITEM. So in this case, the manufacturer recommends the usage of Zinga branded filters on their products.

Also, for those out there that may believe that the Zinga Filters are some sort of "off-brand" item, you should know this:
These filters come on all of the tractors with hydrostatic transmissions sold by LS, not some of them, all of them. You see it is easy to make an assumption that the filter is not "OEM" because the filter on the LS tractors are black in color, where as the Zinga filters are in white.

When the tractor leaves the factory, its entire chassis is painted black. This is done when the filters are ALREADY INSTALLED. Thus, the original filter will appear to be different then the ones bought from us or from another dealer.

The filter in question is part#40007563. OUR PRICE on this filter from LS is $32.14. That is what we pay LS as a dealer, for the filter. HE paid $41.78, which comes straight from our suggested retail price list FROM LS. IT IS IN FACT A ZINGA FILTER AE-10. This is the filter that LS has been sending us since we have been involved with them since 2011. THIS IS THE OEM FILTER THAT LS SENDS THE DEALERS. WE DO NOT GO TO ZINGA FOR OUR FILTERS! WE DO NOT PAY $4 AND MULTIPLY BY 10 TO MAKE A PROFIT. If you doubt us, please call down to LS Parts Department and ask them.

This is one of the down sides of these forums and the internet. People that do not know what they are talking about spread false information and SLANDER A DEALERSHIP HURTING THE REPUTATION. This could have all been resolved by a quick phone call to our dealership and we would have explained this to him. Or, like mentioned, he could have called LS and they could tell him the same thing.

We have always been very competitive with our pricing on machines and parts and care about our customers enough to be completely honest with them. Usually we do not have time to deal with this kind of thing, but when someone tries to spread this false information about a dealership we feel we have no other choice but to respond.

20161119_130451.jpg

Thank you,

Barton Tractor

/ Filter Scam Alert #27  
The OP had buyers remorse. Had he shopped around first he'd have found that the Zinga AE-10 (10 micron) filters (the example pictured by Barton) that will fit his LS can be purchased at many places online for about $15 including shipping. This is the same filter dealers sell and is priced way below what LS dealers have to pay LS for them.
The dealers have to make a profit on top of the price LS charges them. LSMtron is the one making the major profit on filters and not the dealers. Dealers are being charged way more than they should by LS.
Most all filters for LS tractors can be purchased through the aftermarket now.

/ Filter Scam Alert #28  
I've been amazed at the way the manufactures price whole goods to the dealers. On common maintenance items, they should do better.

Yes, I can buy filters cheaper than my local dealer (22 miles away). But, I'm not buying them frequently, so I choose to spend more to support the local dealer. He has been great to work with. He supports several fine local families by his employment. I'm on a first name basis when I visit. That is worth a lot to me.

The OP had buyers remorse. Had he shopped around first he'd have found that the Zinga AE-10 (10 micron) filters (the example pictured by Barton) that will fit his LS can be purchased at many places online for about $15 including shipping. This is the same filter dealers sell and is priced way below what LS dealers have to pay LS for them.
The dealers have to make a profit on top of the price LS charges them. LSMtron is the one making the major profit on filters and not the dealers. Dealers are being charged way more than they should by LS.
Most all filters for LS tractors can be purchased through the aftermarket now.

/ Filter Scam Alert #29  
What do you think should be the mark up on a $4 filter? If you are in business to make money, you double it. Barton just multiplies by ten. That's just pure greed. I'm sure they would sell a $20,000 tractor for $200,000 if they could.

Have you, or will you document where you or anyone else can buy that Zinga filter for $4?

Or did you fabricate that figure to help make your story more appealing?

At this point it is well documented that despite your claims and accusations, you did in fact receive an OEM supplied hydraulic filter, which you placed an unsolicited order for. The possibility that you paid some amount more than the absolute rock bottom price was your choice, not the seller's.
Making character assasinations and false accusations as you did warrant an apology to the seller. Are you man enough?

Last edited:
   / Filter Scam Alert #30  
I've been amazed at the way the manufactures price whole goods to the dealers. On common maintenance items, they should do better.

Yes, I can buy filters cheaper than my local dealer (22 miles away). But, I'm not buying them frequently, so I choose to spend more to support the local dealer. He has been great to work with. He supports several fine local families by his employment. I'm on a first name basis when I visit. That is worth a lot to me.

I know I can buy the AE-10 and other filters cheaper as they are listed on Ebay. I just bought filters for my 200 hour service from my dealer a few weeks ago.

Here's a link to the Zinga AE-10 for $15.43 incl. shipping. Only $5.43 for the filter but $10 for shipping.
ZINGA INDUSTRIES AE-10 NEW 10 MICRON | eBay