Filter Scam Alert

/ Filter Scam Alert #31  
I live about 2 hours from barton Tractor,I have never dealt with them before and only lately became knowledgable about their company.My LS tractor has just passed the 50 hour mark and I decided to order my filters from them.I ordered them on Thursday Nov.10th.Today is the 19th and have yet to receive them.I called them and I was told that they were shipped on Wednesday the 16th.I was informed that they are closed on Fridays,so if you order from them take that in consideration.

To put this into perspective,I shipped 5 packages on Friday Nov.11th to a customer in Arizona.All 5 packages were there by Tuesday the 15th. I used the USPS as did barton.The soonest I can expect them is Monday the 21st.Does it seem reasonable that they did not ship from their location for 6 days and that the earliest I can get them is 11 days to a location less then 2 hours away by car? Has anyone else had similar experiences with them.

/ Filter Scam Alert #32  
I live about 2 hours from barton Tractor,I have never dealt with them before and only lately became knowledgable about their company.My LS tractor has just passed the 50 hour mark and I decided to order my filters from them.I ordered them on Thursday Nov.10th.Today is the 19th and have yet to receive them.I called them and I was told that they were shipped on Wednesday the 16th.I was informed that they are closed on Fridays,so if you order from them take that in consideration.

To put this into perspective,I shipped 5 packages on Friday Nov.11th to a customer in Arizona.All 5 packages were there by Tuesday the 15th. I used the USPS as did barton.The soonest I can expect them is Monday the 21st.Does it seem reasonable that they did not ship from their location for 6 days and that the earliest I can get them is 11 days to a location less then 2 hours away by car? Has anyone else had similar experiences with them.

If you read their response to the previous post filters are drop shipped from North Carolina. Not only are you posting the order to them, they are posting the order to LS and then shipping takes place.

/ Filter Scam Alert #33  
If you read their response to the previous post filters are drop shipped from North Carolina. Not only are you posting the order to them, they are posting the order to LS and then shipping takes place.

So they actually are not physically touching the items just relaying the order to N.C. I could be wrong but that seems like a pretty easy and quick thing to do.I will remember this in the future and will take these filters to a couple of parts stores and see if they can match them.Right now I am finding it very hard to find filters other then LS for my tractor.Thanks for the info I failed to read the post you stated.

/ Filter Scam Alert #34  
I buy after market filters at NAPA (WIX). Wix is a known quality product used throughout the automotive, truck, tractor and industrial manufacturers/users. NAPA gives me their fleet price on WIX which is 40% less than their counter price. You figure from that what the wholesale price to NAPA is.

All OEM branded parts are over priced at what they charge the dealers. Go to your local Ford dealer and buy a Ford filter then price the WIX replacement. Rest my case. I love to support my local tractor dealer; but, with a 40M round trip plus the inflated OEM prices it changes the situation. A lot of parts are unique enough that research to find a replacment has a diminishing return so the dealer parts counter gets my business. A much closer dealer is a lot smaller and has a very small parts supply and they never order enough parts from K to get their free shipping. So I go to a more distant dealer that has a big parts department and a 6 man shop.

I have discussed this with both that salesm manager and the parts manager and they are on board with it and still give me a 10% discount on any thing I buy. I just bought $1200 worth of Husky chain saws from them.

Ron

/ Filter Scam Alert #35  
So they actually are not physically touching the items just relaying the order to N.C. I could be wrong but that seems like a pretty easy and quick thing to do.I will remember this in the future and will take these filters to a couple of parts stores and see if they can match them.Right now I am finding it very hard to find filters other then LS for my tractor.Thanks for the info I failed to read the post you stated.

My filters came,it took 13 days.Hope this will help someone else.My tractor is an LS XU6158.The Ls oil filter part number is 40318591.The LS hyd.oil filter number is 40007638(A1823315)