Finally took delivery of M7060 and BH 1812 Batwing cutter!

/ Finally took delivery of M7060 and BH 1812 Batwing cutter! #41  
The draw bar will essentially last the life of the tractor mowing about 4 times a year, so I'm not sure why that would be relevant.

I believe it was questioned in regards to general tractor useage throughout the expected lifespan. Your results might vary.

The hitch design of your cutter relies on the pin slack to allow vertical changes. If your cutter is exposed to these changes sharply enough the pin will be cutting into the drawbar hole. The wear will either be displayed on the hitch or pin or drawbar, whichever is softest.

I've saw this a lot on heavy tillage tools. The idea of using a hammer strap drawbar is to tranfer all that wear to the pin or impliment and save the tractor drawbar.

For your minimal uses it probably won't matter.

/ Finally took delivery of M7060 and BH 1812 Batwing cutter! #42  

The hitch design of your cutter relies on the pin slack to allow vertical changes. If your cutter is exposed to these changes sharply enough the pin will be cutting into the drawbar hole. The wear will either be displayed on the hitch or pin or drawbar, whichever is softest.

I've seen this a lot on heavy tillage tools. The idea of using a hammer strap drawbar is to tranfer all that wear to the pin or impliment and save the tractor drawbar.

That is an excellent description of what goes on between the drawbar, pin and a hammer strap.

I pull a lot of tillage tools that "hunt" (slam) back and forth and have quickly egg shaped a drawbar hole by using too hard of a drawbar pin or bolt. Hammer straps and correct pins made things better but the key is the correct hitch pin.

/ Finally took delivery of M7060 and BH 1812 Batwing cutter! #43  
Can I ask what you paid for the 7060? We're talking about getting one at work to replace the old Massey 240 that we use to test equipment.

/ Finally took delivery of M7060 and BH 1812 Batwing cutter!
Can I ask what you paid for the 7060? We're talking about getting one at work to replace the old Massey 240 that we use to test equipment.

It was $46k and some change with all the options i chose - cast wheels, extra rear remote, loader, third function, FSR. I took the 84 mo no-interest financing with Kubota.

HP

It was $46k and some change with all the options i chose - cast wheels, extra rear remote, loader, third function, FSR. I took the 84 mo no-interest financing with Kubota.

HP

Just for clarity - that's with tax out the door price. I don't have a tax exemption.

/ Finally took delivery of M7060 and BH 1812 Batwing cutter! #47  
Wait...did you make sure to check the oil in your front hubs and axle? Every Kubota seems to need a lot after a few hours of use and considering you had some ungreased loader fittings, I would check just in case. Mine need lots of oil.

Wait...did you make sure to check the oil in your front hubs and axle? Every Kubota seems to need a lot after a few hours of use and considering you had some ungreased loader fittings, I would check just in case. Mine need lots of oil.

Yes, I knew about that issue back when I bought a MX5100 in 2011. The front axle was low about a quart as I recall. Thanks for the reminder, I'll check it the next chance I get.

HP

/ Finally took delivery of M7060 and BH 1812 Batwing cutter! #49  
IMG_0448.JPG
Admittedly, a 12 foot batwing BH is not coming close to taxing the engine on the M7060. It could easily run a 15 foot BW. Maybe that's the reason - how much torque your tractor must use to perform the work you ar doing.

I am considering a used 2013 with 499 hrs M6060 to pull a used 7' pull style Deere cutter. I'm very confident this will be a stellar match. But, I want to upgrade to a 12' batwing once I pay off the tractor in a few years.
Please comment on your thoughts on this. I will be mowing right-of ways and brush pastures. Mixed with wild grassses and .5" or smaller brush...
HP

The PTO requirement for the batwing I have is 50-75 hp so the M6060 should work. The only thing I changed on my tractor is I had the dealer move the rear wheels out one setting as I was concerned about some hills I mow. I haven't had any issues.

HP