Firefox - quick reaction

/ Firefox - quick reaction #11  
firefox and its matching thunderbird email program are great examples of opensource. Firefox is a good solid program. Still a little inmature but its only a 1.0 version. The biggest problem is also its stregenth. Its has lots of extensions but you have to search them out. for the geek this is ok, but for the average joe it isnt.

If you like firefox you will love the open CD collection of opensource stuff. check out http://theopencd.sunsite.dk/

/ Firefox - quick reaction #12  
Firefox has a couple of features called Extensions and Themes under the Tools section on the bar at the top.
Themes lets you down load different options for the Icon looks and so forth. Extentions lets you add different functions to the software.

I use the Noia 2.0 lite theme and extentions like, addblock,eiview,forecastfox,
bandwidth tester, Tabbrowser preferences 1.1.1 and print it!.. All nice solid extentions. on the lates FireFox 1.0.

print it adds a print preview funtion to the mouse right click thats very nice.
tabbrowser pref. gives a bit more control over the tabs feature....

Also for those who may not know : pressing- Ctrl + T - opens a new blank tab.

I check every few weeks to see what may be new. The nice thing with the latest version is it will let you tell it to check for updates to for custom options and install them for you after that.

/ Firefox - quick reaction #13  
What's eiview?

/ Firefox - quick reaction #14  
For extensions I use Tab Preferences which allows "open link in new tab" instead of another browser window, "undo close tab" for those times when I close a tab instead of back and a couple other that I can't remember.

I am slowly converting everyone at work to Thunderbird which so far is the best mail client I have used. Not that there are not other browsers and mail clients out there that are good but they way I work they fit me extremely well.

Don: If nothing else you can download the driver and at least use the printer while waiting for the full featured CD. Need any help let me know. Network printers can be a pain from time to time, you should try networked copiers....Oh, and it was a pleasure to hear you say that you weren't going to return the printer for the CD.....and why

Regards,
Kevin

/ Firefox - quick reaction #15  
I downloaded Firefox about a month ago or so. After about three days of using it I went back to IE. Sorry but it just didn't work for me. I kept getting these errors that told me it could not display. It would tell me I needed plugins and I would click to download the plugins. However there would be errors when the plugin installs. I even tried manually installing them from the web page and still no luck so I gave up and went back to IE. Others helped me here on TBN but could not figure out what was going on.

murph

/ Firefox - quick reaction #16  
Started using firefox and thunderbird (email program) about 2 month a go . It's still here on my machine, and I'm convinced that I'm done with IE and OE. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Firefox - quick reaction #17  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( What's eiview? )</font>

I think he meant I.E. (Internet Explorer). G

/ Firefox - quick reaction #18  
Been playing around with Firefox for a couple of days now and am really pleased with it so far.
Once you find your way around, it's pretty straight forward on how to get it working the way you want/need it to.
I don't know a great deal about computers. I just download what I think is what I need and hope for the best. If it doesn't do what I thought it would, I just uninstall/delete it. G

/ Firefox - quick reaction #19  
<font color="blue"> I use the Noia 2.0 lite theme and extentions like, addblock,<font color="red">eiview</font>,forecastfox, </font>
You mentioned a string of Extensions and Themes.

One is eiview.

I could not find this at the Firefox site.

What is it?

/ Firefox - quick reaction #20  
It lets you open pages in IE from the Firefox menu. It's in the extensions download section. I downloaded Firefox 1.0 the other day. G