First Regen Experience

/ First Regen Experience #21  
John we`ll just agree to disagree... its just a matter of opinions anyway.

/ First Regen Experience #22  
If it's PTO RPM all the time, why does a manufacturer bother to install a throttle??

Last edited:
   / First Regen Experience #23  
John we`ll just agree to disagree... its just a matter of opinions anyway.

I don't think I will agree with what he is saying, and I have been around diesel engines the better part of my life. Currently have in excess of 37 years of driving trucks, have watched the EPA come in and mandate emissions to trucks, and now tractors. I have owned diesels in cars, trucks and lawnmowers, and not a single one have I ever considered running at full rpm all the time. With a gear tractor, it would be impossible anyway, as well as with my other vehicles. The only one that might make the "run wide open all the time" would be the Steiner lawnmower and that is because it was a hydro static drive.
Anyone running a diesel engine at full throttle, up against the pump, or against the governor all the time will do exactly what the manufacturer wants... which is buy another tractor or spend money fixing the one they have. Tell me what the manufacturer has to loose if you run your tractor wide open all the time? Fuel consumption as well as overall wear go up with diesel engines as the rpm increases.
David from jax

/ First Regen Experience #24  
If it's PTO RPM all the time, why does a manufacturer both to install a throttle??

I guess so you can slow down to make a turn or drive around a tree, lol.
However with today's automatic type of tractors, running the engine wide open is possible. Doesn't make it a good idea as far as keeping the tractor engine in one piece, but as far as not pollution is concerned, it make EPA happy. Is EPA concerned about how much it costs to fix your tractor when it wears out from being run wide open all the time? Probably not, since they don't care about what their regulations are doing to the trucking industry.
David from jax

/ First Regen Experience #25  
I think your on the wrong forum. You keep talking about trucks and this is a tractor forum. Not in the same ballpark. Not ran or operated the same, as you tell us. Us tractor operators run our tractors full throttle or very near full throttle as soon as they warm up till we turn them off some times hours later. You say you have no experience with tractors with regen that are run like the factory says to run them, full out, yet you keep knocking tractors with regen systems????? What about motorcycles and go carts? Any advise on them?

I personally think you need to realize that telling someone they are on the wrong forum will not be accepted well.
As far as motorcycles, I can probably steer you in the right direction, if your willing to actually listen to what someone is saying, but apparently you don't read everything that I write, so what is the point. If I said bicycles tend to fall over when they stop moving and it was a motorcycle forum, you would probably tell me I was on the wrong forum, when in fact, motorcycles are simply bicycles with engines, or that is how they started. Diesel engines have been in many, many more trucks than in tractors, and if the discussion is about diesel engines, does it really matter what the engine is moving? Especially if it has something to do with an add-on system like the exhaust mandated by EPA. Watching what they did with other diesel engines and seeing how it affected them would be of more interest to tractor owners and prospective buyers. Truck drivers including myself have pulled out onto the interstate highways of this country and gone for hours never slowing down below the "wide open" pedal setting. Thinking your few hours behind the wheel of your tractor each day will even come close to operating a tractor trailer, makes me laugh. Many trucks are operated 24 hours a day, only stopping to fuel and wake the co-driver for his 11 hour turn behind the wheel.
You remind me of a boar we had on the farm when I was young, simply because you share the same name. Don't think much more of your posts than I would if he started posting.
David from jax

/ First Regen Experience #26  
I've bought over 20 new Kubotas from Steve Barlow. He knows more about tractors and Kubotas than I'll ever know. I'd ask him which one he would buy and that's the one I'd buy.

You should remember that Steve is a salesman first. As long as you put money in his pocket, he'll give you all the free advice you like. Too bad after owning "20 new Kubotas" you can't seem to form an opinion for yourself.

/ First Regen Experience #27  
Well i guess that takes care of THAT...!!! BAMMMMMM...!

/ First Regen Experience #28  
I own a tractor with regen. Sideline advisors with no actual experience with the specific product "opinions", not worth much to me. If any of you anti regens owned a recent Kubota tractor with regen it would be different but none of you do. :confused3: You buy and run yours as you like and I will mine. PTO rpms is not wide open by the way which you would know if you had any actual hands on experience with the exact product this thread is/was about. Why are you non owners/no experience with the exact product we are talking about so hostile and petty? :confused::drink:

/ First Regen Experience #29  
I could probably live with TIER IV but not the selective "duck-duck-duck---goose" web of laws of this stuff.

You want a fleet of jets to fly off to a global warming conference in Sweden and belch a black smoke and soot trail back to this country while using 50,000 gallons of fuel? No problem.

Want a small diesel tractor to put a few hours a year on and consume 30 gallons of fuel? Problem.

/ First Regen Experience #30  
I could probably live with TIER IV but not the selective "duck-duck-duck---goose" web of laws of this stuff.

You want a fleet of jets to fly off to a global warming conference in Sweden and belch a black smoke and soot trail back to this country while using 50,000 gallons of fuel? No problem.

Want a small diesel tractor to put a few hours a year on and consume 30 gallons of fuel? Problem.

We vote for and elect individuals to represent us and our (region/state/country) best interests and then they listen to who knows what interests to make their decisions that we have to live with. We then count on our fellow countrymen/women/foreigners to come up with a livable solution for their possibly/many times ill informed decisions or personal greed decisions. We can worry or sweat it or go forth with the best choice we have based on our opinions which are like butt holes, everyone has one. :D