Buying Advice First tractor for small family farm. Branson or something else?

/ First tractor for small family farm. Branson or something else?
I sure enjoy this hobby. Planning to add to it yearly.
IMG_5114.jpeg

/ First tractor for small family farm. Branson or something else? #72  
View attachment 858546View attachment 858547

Delivered this afternoon. Unfortunately I had too much scheduled at work and didn’t have much time to play. I’m really looking forward to getting a lot done with this thing.
Riverhill nice tractor. I'm curious what the noise level is like in the cab? Can you talk on the phone? I have a New Holland C337 track loader and it's much to loud in the cab to comfortably listen to radio or talk on the phone. On the other hand the bigger, 200hp, John Deere tractors are quiet enough in the cab to talk on phone, etc.

/ First tractor for small family farm. Branson or something else?
Riverhill nice tractor. I'm curious what the noise level is like in the cab? Can you talk on the phone? I have a New Holland C337 track loader and it's much to loud in the cab to comfortably listen to radio or talk on the phone. On the other hand the bigger, 200hp, John Deere tractors are quiet enough in the cab to talk on phone, etc.

I only have about 3 hours in it, but it’s not bad. A phone held up to your ear or on a Bluetooth headset would probably be fine, but on speaker in the cup holder wouldn’t likely work. Radio at a reasonable volume is fine up until you have to bring the revs up very high. 540 pto speed may be a bit loud for the radio, but 540e should be fine.

I downloaded a decibel meter in my phone. I’ll update after I do some work in it next week.

/ First tractor for small family farm. Branson or something else? #74  
BY ALL MEANS, AVOID BRENSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

/ First tractor for small family farm. Branson or something else? #75  
Well, I pulled the trigger this weekend on a TYM 5520Ch. I will post pictures whenever I take delivery this week; I know the rules.

I bought from the farther TYM Dealer, but they're second generation and they also sell McCormick and a ton of other attachments. I don't expect them to go anywhere and they seem to have great reviews service wise. I went with Ag tires for the traction and the hydro to make it easier for my wife and other helpers. They're also adding a third function valve, filling the tires, and I bought a box blade for the drive. Though I'm debating calling and having him throw on a set of pallet forks too. I haven't been able to find any used locally and even the rural king ones are pricey. It's almost spring auction time though, so I'll probably just keep an eye out at those events for a deal.

I actually had a little bit of a hard time deciding between the legacy Branson Tractor and it's TYM counterpart. The T594 had a much larger cab, but the bulk in things like axles, as well as the 4 range hydro made me pick the Branson. They also had a used JD 3720 and 4720 that I looked at closely, but they were 20 years old and approximately the same price. As much as I'd love to rock the traditional green, I am not at all convinced it's worth the upcharge.
Congrats! i would consider a TYM from a dealer like that also!

/ First tractor for small family farm. Branson or something else? #76  
My first patriot guard mission began on a balmy 6 degree morning. I have ridden year round in Kansas and I find that by the time my core gets unbearably cold my hands and feet are more than ready for a coffee break!