First tractor

/ First tractor #11  
Thanks for the response. When I hooked up my middle buster I turned the top linkage all the way in as to point the plow downwards some. I may need a shorter one though because I put it in float mode before and it barely goes under the soil. Of course I hit a rock hard in the spring because it bent the front of the plow down.

No, you just need to experiment with Three Point Hitch Top Link adjustment. Your local welding show should be able to restore the plow to good condition. It is good to establish a warm relationship with a welding shop. All of us need implements repaired/restored regularly. Next time purchase a shear-bolt protected implement.

In moist soil the plow probably would not have bent hitting the rock.

You may consider a $249 protective HydrauLink. I am a fan.
VIDEO: HydrauLink Category 1 Cylinder - For 45 HP Tractors or Less, Model# HL-11 - YouTube

Amazon.com: Hydraulink

Last edited:
   / First tractor
Thanks, 1-2 acres is a lot easier for me to manage as well. Or so I think. The rest I thought corn, sunflowers or something for our chickens/ducks. I have a compost until the chickens rip it apart looking for a cricket

/ First tractor #13  
It's just like jeff9366 said you'll have to get the middle buster or whatever plow you're using to dig by adjusting the top link. You don't use down pressure to make these implements work besides most tractors don't have down pressure and they use these plows all the time. By adjusting the nuts I mentioned you'll be able to have position control without down pressure but the whole 3pt will lift if needed. If your tractor runs in a swell with an implement sticking out 5'-6' you'll need it to move up to keep from bending something.

/ First tractor #14  
   / First tractor #15  
You may already know about adjusting these nuts but I'll show the pictures in case somebody else wants to know how to keep down pressure from not becoming an issue.

This is the nut and running it to the top will keep the lift arm from sliding up: Belarus lift arm link.jpg

This is the way I leave mine so as to let the lift arm slide up eliminating down pressure:Belarus lift arm link 2.jpg

This is the lift arm with me picking up on it you can see the threaded part raised about 5":Belarus lift arm link 3jpg.jpg

/ First tractor
You may already know about adjusting these nuts but I'll show the pictures in case somebody else wants to know how to keep down pressure from not becoming an issue.

This is the nut and running it to the top will keep the lift arm from sliding up:View attachment 484242

This is the way I leave mine so as to let the lift arm slide up eliminating down pressure:View attachment 484243

This is the lift arm with me picking up on it you can see the threaded part raised about 5":View attachment 484244

Thank you, I had no idea it lifted like that. I will have to take a better look at mine tomorrow and post picture. I probably have it all set up wrong. I do know when I hook up the MB I adjust those so the plow can go a lot deeper down. Other wise when we have the bush hog on those are typically pretty short so the BH can lift up higher to clear ditches/stumps. But I never paid attention that those slide up and down.

/ First tractor #17  
That's not to say mine is set up right or wrong it's just one of the ways to set it. :thumbsup:

/ First tractor #18  
The rest I thought corn, sunflowers or something for our chickens/ducks. I have a compost until the chickens rip it apart looking for a cricket

Also consider Fall/Spring/Fall cover crops to be turned under, adding humus to the soil. There will be favorites in your part of Tennessee.

Consider price of Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter game food plot mixes as cover crops too. Often a cheap option. My Walmart and Ace hardware have these @ $24/50 pounds. The chicks will like these too.

A soil test would be good to have. It is best to notify the tester of what crop(s) you intend to grow.

Southern States ag co-ops almost always have cheapest fertilizers and other soil amendments in 50 pound bags.

Last edited:
   / First tractor
Also consider Fall/Spring/Fall cover crops to be turned under, adding humus to the soil. There will be favorites in your part of Tennessee.

Consider price of Spring/Summer and Fall/Winter game food plot mixes as cover crops too. Often a cheap option. My Walmart and Ace hardware have these @ $24/50 pounds. The chicks will like these too.

A soil test would be good to have. It is best to notify the tester of what crop(s) you intend to grow.

Southern States ag co-ops almost always have cheapest fertilizers and other soil amendments in 50 pound bags.
Thanks I am planning a cover crop. I need to have my soil tested still. I know I'm short on nitrogen. I'll have to look into what's preferred down here and pick some up. I do have a co op in town I have bought from before.

/ First tractor
image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg
Here's how mines set right now.