First tractor

/ First tractor
Sure thing. I appreciate it. I assume you'd use those to lift sides on a large bush hog or something?
I did some adjusting as was previously mentioned in this thread but it didn't seem to help much perhaps my ground is too hard and I need the sub soiler first. I made a couple passes about 20 ft long and it only went below the sod. I went over it again and it just pushed up what was loose and skimmed across the top.

/ First tractor
image.jpeg

/ First tractor #33  
Your ground needs to be turned under or over with a plow whether it's a moldboard type or disc turner or maybe a chisel plow then run a disc harrow over it to bust up the clods. You can find these plows on Craig List for cheap usually. A single moldboard or a double would work. Then you need a disc harrow probably a 5 footer or a 6 footer would work. On the disc it would be better to find a double row but you could live with a single you'd just have to run it a lot more. Double row works better.

The stabilizer bars are used when you need to keep your implement straight behind you instead of it drifting from side to side. You need them while laying off rows or pulling a planter to keep the rows straight. You got to have them when you're pulling a cultivator to get rid a weeds and loosen the ground between rows in your garden. If the cultivator drifts it'll wipe out your veggie's. You don't need the stabilizer bars when you're pulling a turn plow but you do have to have the plow set up right. There's some good information on this site about setting up whatever kind you decide to get.

Sorry about being so long winded I think I get excited when tractor-ing or talking about them. I do this plowing and playing to grow food plots for wildlife. Since I retired I plant a lot more and hunt a whole lot less. Happy tractor-ing.

Attachments

• DSC_0031.JPG
    DSC_0031.JPG
    433 KB · Views: 73
   / First tractor #34  
If you need anything else let me know hope this helps. View attachment 484449]

I finally built my stabilizer hook up while not as custom looking as yours it works. It's built from 3/8" plate and maybe it'll be stiff enough not to bend we'll see. Thanks again for the idea.

Belarus stabilizer.jpg

/ First tractor #35  
Sure thing I'll get them after work. Like I said in the title it's our first tractor but I gotta say I do like it. The fact that everything's reusable/durable. Only complaint is the muscle it takes to turn or stay straight sometimes. I've nearly broke my thumbs at first due to hitting rabbit holes in the yard that wheel jerks so fast.

Back in the day I was shown to NOT hold my thumb inside the steering wheel and my fingers on the outside edge. To keep ALL fingers wrapped around outside edge of the steering wheel for just such bumps. It does work :)