Fix front winch

/ Fix front winch #31  
Very important when considering electric to determine how much power your tractor can supply!!!!

For extended pulls, 60ft or more, you need a very good alternator (50 amp) or better and a large capacity deep cycle battery.

That might be the shortcoming with your tractor?? Educate yourself on the alternator output primarily. I'm sure the battery, if original, is the smallest the manufacturer thought they could get by with.

I have a 90amp alternator and 900cca battery on my buggy. It will do a long pull but needs a recharge rest before attempting the next pull. A previous Jeep that I owned had 100amp alternator and dual deep cycle batteries. It always had plenty of power for multiple pulls.

Interested in seeing whatever you decide to do so let us know. :)

For electric winches you're better off with a high capacity deep cycle AGM type battery and a high capacity alternator. Electric winches can pull a couple hundred amps or more under load.

/ Fix front winch #32  
I have built several winches for my tractor and for others. I have used pto winches and built a 3pt system that works well. Also use an 8000 hyd unit now and have another one built into the loader frame. I am using a 5300 jd. Small tractor dont' have enough pump volume to use a hyd winch.

I have found that that winch up front is so handy when loading things. Putting a pulley on forward assembly with the bucket off is handy. Picking up a brush pile is easy. Tossing the line over, then rolling the pile over the line and rehooking it, taking up the slack with the winch, you can pick up so much more than trying to pick up limbs that will not go in the bucket.