Flipped my BX24

/ Flipped my BX24 #22  
Old time tractor rollovers killed more farmers than anything. ROPS are a modern solution to the problem but still the operator is the one telling the machine what to do. Leave the ROPS down and don't wear your seatbelt, the tractor don't care. By-pass those pain in the butt safety switches, the tractor don't care. No one plans an accident but in the end who's hurt? Tractors are material things and can be fixed. Healing takes alot more effort than being safe in the long run.
Pucker moments are Gods way of humbling you, learn from it. I have, more than once.

I wouldn't have any fear about owning a BX as long as you read and understand your manuals and the General Safety handouts that come with the machine. Anything can tip over if you get ahead of yourself.

Ok, I'll get off the soap box. Glad the outcome was good in this case. Thanks for the sharing the experience.

/ Flipped my BX24 #23  
To remove your glow plugs, clean the top of your engine and:

1. Find the bus bar on the intake side of the valve cover.

2. Remove the tiny nuts holding the wire to the bus bar and the bus bar to the glow plugs. It's like 6 or 7 mm.

3. Unscrew the glow plugs with a deep socket. It's 10mm maybe.

4. After they are clear of the threads they are still a tight fit. Pull them out like a wine cork.

Crank it until you're convinced the cylinders are dry, reverse the process and start it up.

Pics attached (the nuts and washers above the plugs are from the valve cover, just ignore those).

Attachments

• P6293836.JPG
    P6293836.JPG
    137.6 KB · Views: 336
  • P6293835.JPG
    P6293835.JPG
    158.6 KB · Views: 274
Last edited:
   / Flipped my BX24 #24  
Pittsville: Alright, You are new here so we will take it easy on you. Once you make sure you are okay, then you first change the undies and then TAKE PICTURES!!!!;) (Glad you didn't get hurt or the BX!)

/ Flipped my BX24 #25  
   / Flipped my BX24 #26  
wow, glad it turned out okay, that sucks.

could elaborate on the issue of groundhogs and tractors?
i'm from maryland where groundhogs are everywhere and they can be extremely dangerous. tractor accidents, animals breaking their legs, it happens. they are large animals and make large holes. you don't always see them depending on the land/ground cover. it should only be a problem on steep terrain though, not flat land.

if your land is flat...eastern shore right, that's as flat as it gets isn't it? that's far less dangerous than hill side or mountainous areas.

"flip" makes me think end-over-end. i've rolled a tractor - like it rolls...or bounces you might say...3 times down the side of a mountain. that's one reason i got a kubota - a nice 4WD machine. seat belt and ROPS are my best friends now.

that was not a kubota - i've always wondered if the ROPS would stop a roll on the side of a mountain? granted i'm way more cautious now so i don't anticipate that at all.

/ Flipped my BX24 #27  
Now you guys have me scared.

I'm planning to buy a tractor soon, probably a BX24 so I've been looking at BX threads here, and I joined yesterday to ask questions.

I only have 3 acres so I think the BX24 would be perfect for me. My neighbor has a couple of full size older tractors and he was telling me that he's concerned about seeing groundhogs on his property because they can tip a tractor over. I guess he means if they have a large underground home and you run over it, it could cave in and tip the tractor or throw the operator off. His old tractors don't have ROPS or seatbelts.

I usually try to read and read some more in a forum before I ask a question that's probably already been answered but I was wondering if anyone has experience or could elaborate on the issue of groundhogs and tractors?
Any high or low place in or on the ground can up set a tractor especially if it's on a slope.

/ Flipped my BX24 #28  
if your land is flat...eastern shore right, that's as flat as it gets isn't it? that's far less dangerous than hill side or mountainous areas.

"flip" makes me think end-over-end. i've rolled a tractor - like it rolls...or bounces you might say...3 times down the side of a mountain. that's one reason i got a kubota - a nice 4WD machine. seat belt and ROPS are my best friends now.

that was not a kubota - i've always wondered if the ROPS would stop a roll on the side of a mountain? granted i'm way more cautious now so i don't anticipate that at all.[/QUOTE]

Rolling down the side of a mountain sounds terrifying! The ROPS might have stopped the rolling and maybe turned the roll into a long slide. That wouldn't be too bad would it?;)

I am on the Eastern Shore-flat as flat can be with sandy soil and no rocks. Digging out rocks sounds like fun but If I need any rocks for a project I will probably have to buy them.

I'll always use the seatbelt and have the ROPS up and I plan to drive reeeaal slow at first.

/ Flipped my BX24 #29  
glad you're OK.

Do you know of a good upholstery shop to repair the donut hole in your seat?
;)

/ Flipped my BX24 #30  
Work safely and never be in a hurry...There's my Father Son talk for the day.

Don