Floating steering knob

/ Floating steering knob #21  
I have a B7500 with "power steering" verses "hydrostat steering". I have not had a problem with it and it works extremely well. Why then does Kubota put hydrostat steering in some models and power steering in others? What are the pro vs cons between the two?

/ Floating steering knob #22  
Regarding folding knobs.... All of mine are folding... I thought it would be useful feature... however, those I have fold when I don't want them to... it's hard to not occasionally push the center button.

If I ever buy another, it will be a fixed, non-folding type.

/ Floating steering knob #23  
LazyBoy said:
Guy I know has an old MF tractor, he ran into a stump with the front wheel and it rotated the steering wheel so fast the steering knob broke his arm in 2 places!!!

I either hold on tight or get out of the way if I hit something. This is only a problem on tractors like mine with no PS. But the knob doesn't move either!!

/ Floating steering knob #24  
Adam23 said:
I have a B7500 with "power steering" verses "hydrostat steering". I have not had a problem with it and it works extremely well. Why then does Kubota put hydrostat steering in some models and power steering in others? What are the pro vs cons between the two?

I wondered the same thing when I bought my B7610. Then I started having a "stuttering" problem with it at about 100 hours. By that I mean that when you spin the wheel quickly, it would feel like the power steering was kicking in and out. Every part from the pump to the controller was replaced under warranty. The problem was never solved. It was lessened some by using UDT instead of SUDT.

My case was rare, but not unprecedented. There are threads on TBN about the problem on the B7610 and B2710, and possibly others with the same design. But with that problem aside, the hydrostatic is simply a smother and more precise system. That's why almost all the newer model tractors have gone to it. The comparison in steering feel from my B7610 to my new JD3320 is like a 1978 Cadillac and a 2007 Corvette.