Tires fluid in tires

/ fluid in tires #11  
been below freezin here every day i have been at it since the fri before christmas. up here tractors are half for the below freezin. mowin and plowin. coldest mornig so far was 17 and she started right up. though i go slow at first to warm the fluids.

/ fluid in tires #12  
<font color=blue>...Now if I planned to use my tractor in sub-freezing weather, that would be a whole 'nuther ball game...</font color=blue>

So, does this mean... you are not going to Buffalo, New York to help plow out... /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

18-35197-JD5205JFMsignaturelogo.JPG

/ fluid in tires #13  
<font color=blue>does this mean... you are not going to Buffalo, New York to help plow out</font color=blue>

Now you're catchin' on, John./w3tcompact/icons/clever.gif

/ fluid in tires
hi john, i went on what my dealer said would be enough. he has been doing that for quite some time and no problems here in ok. my 8n has fluid in the tires came that way but don't have a clue what the ratio is but did'nt ever freeze that i know of. however, i do have a question it appears that my left rear is not filled quite as much as the right can you put a little air in to equal them out?

/ fluid in tires #15  
<font color=blue>appears that my left rear is not filled quite as much as the right can you put a little air in to equal them out? </font color=blue>

JB, this makes me think that maybe liquid filled tires are new to you, so if I'm wrong you can ignore this. However (if I'm right)/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif, when you put liquid in the tires, you only fill them approximately 75% with liquid. You can get that level by jacking up a wheel just enough to take all the weight off of it, with the valve stem at the top (12 o'clock position) and you fill it until liquid runs back out. If you actually filled them full it would be very rough riding; they'd be solid because the liquid will not compress like air will. So in other words, with them "filled" properly, you still adjust the tire pressure with air just as in the past. I use an air/liquid tire gauge and also always check the pressure with the valve stem at the top and give them a short blast of air first to clear any liquid out of the valve stem (so a regular tire gauge works OK; just that if you get liquid in it, it may not last as long as one made for both air and liquid).

/ fluid in tires
bird, you are correct i am new to fluid in tires. i now understand/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif. that's what make this forum so great. thanks so much! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ fluid in tires #17  
use metholated spirits (spelling) for winter use......in small tires it ain't so dear either

if filling.....its easy really.........jack under the wheel.......unscrew the value......let the air out.......push on the garden hose......remove periodically to remove air........fill to desired point.........we put the valve at 11am....angle......then fill till it over flows.....

/ fluid in tires #19  
lol.........great thing is if you turn the valve round to 6 oclock all the water comes out......great when you don't want the weight......it seems water in tires on a 35 hp tractor would be easy to handle when removing the wheels.....great for punctures.....

we fill 18.4/38 tires and 580/70 38's on our NH TM165 (165?hp), NH8560 (163hp), NH8360 (135hp).......they take a lot of water.....can be heavy when you want to move them by hand

often wonder why my boss waters his tires......cause we run radials

/ fluid in tires #20  
.great for punctures.....

Pudding:
For punctures can't you just pressure up the tire and watch for water and then put in a plug ?

Egon