Ford 1300

/ Ford 1300
Attach you'll find two documents. one on your hyd pump and the other one is your lift. Unlike mine, your's per NH has a filter in lieu of screen. it is more convenient than my screen any way. #19 is what you need to replace on hyd lift piston.

JC,

IT FO-44 does have the skinny on this work for about $26 as well. Attachments should give you all you need.

ok one more ? do i take off the whole square piece thats under the seat or just that round head looking piece on the square piece thats between your legs,hope i explain myself well enough

/ Ford 1300 #12  
ok one more ? do i take off the whole square piece thats under the seat or just that round head looking piece on the square piece thats between your legs,hope i explain myself well enough

Hmmm, I'm scratching my head a bit. The lift cylinder head in not a square piece and it is a hexagon ( 6 sided square looking thing). That is # 42 on your list piston diagram that I posted previously. were you able to open the PDF attached files? it is very close to what I have on my 1700 and functionally and component wise identical to the pics below

lift assembly with the head removed.

You need to remove the head that has 6 bolts, retrieve the the cylinder and push the piston out. Notice the big fat rod that actually translate the piston movement to rotation of rock shaft #4. when you put everything back do make sure the rod is inside the cylinder and resting on the rear of the piston. Look at the orientation of seal lip, it has to go just like that and not the reverse. You have only one chance at it. Make a mistake and you'll buy a new seal. Remove bolts and put back in place in criss cross fashion. Make sure #20 and #21 o-ring is put in right. I replace mine but the old one was perfectly okay. Make sure to lower the lift handle to dissipate hyd pressure before opening the cylinder head. The square thing under the seat most probably is 4 wheel engagement or differential output shaft cover in 2 WD like mine.

JC,

ps. I don't guess if you were able to find the thread I started about this. it has got more information you want to know. you might find it useful. double click on the link below.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/new-holland-owning-operating/90819-my-f-1700-testing-my.html

Last edited:
   / Ford 1300
thank you jc man you are a big help oh yea sheared off my hyd screw plug were you check the hyd how would i get one of those were do i need get all my parts for this tracktor

/ Ford 1300 #14  
thank you jc man you are a big help oh yea sheared off my hyd screw plug were you check the hyd how would i get one of those were do i need get all my parts for this tracktor

can you rework your question and may be the part # you're talking about?:confused2: I'd get the seal from NH and the rest depend on what it is. A lot of those parst are common even with some newer TC models. Bunch of the parts can be cross referenced.

JC,

/ Ford 1300
yes i did get the other file that you had posted. thank you very helpful

/ Ford 1300
ok got the#19 seal part order and my screw plug, and i get pretty much on how to take it out and everything, but im a little confused on what you were saying about when you put it back, in how you have to have the rod resting on the cylinder. Could you please detail this one more time. Oh and when you take off the head does the cylinder just slide out.:)

Thank You again

/ Ford 1300 #17  
ok got the#19 seal part order and my screw plug, and i get pretty much on how to take it out and everything, but im a little confused on what you were saying about when you put it back, in how you have to have the rod resting on the cylinder. Could you please detail this one more time. Oh and when you take off the head does the cylinder just slide out.:)

Thank You again

Look at the lip orientation on the damaged seal that I replaced on mine. You need to slide the new seal with that orientation on picture #3. Do not use anything to pry the seal. it'll be tight, lube it with the hyd oil and push it over the piston with equal and constant push.

On pic#1 you see the back of the piston , the rod that has rounded end sits in there and hyd oil pressure moves the piston up and down that pushes the rod. on pic #2 you see the rod and how it is connected to rock shaft. When the rod moves in or out causes the rotation of the rock shaft and on the outside the lift arm moves up or down.

Make sure you have nothing attached to 3 point lift system. When you remove the head then by lifting the lift arm up causes the cylinder to move forward for you to retrieve. Even without the moving the lift arm you can grab the edge of the cylinder and pull it.

All of what I said is clearly shown on the file attached before. You might have a bit of problem seeing it which is okay but really it is easier than how I explain it. You just got to jump in it with two feet.:)

/ Ford 1300
JC, i just want to let you know that you are that GUY, thank you for helping me so much very clear now most of it anyway thanks

/ Ford 1300 #19  
JC, i just want to let you know that you are that GUY, thank you for helping me so much very clear now most of it anyway thanks

You're welcome. good luck:)

/ Ford 1300
which end did u put the seal on from:confused: having hard time geting over the piston.