Ford 1510 Tractor Wont Start Help !

/ Ford 1510 Tractor Wont Start Help !
Did you watch the starter/solenoid work on the test stand at the starter repair shop? If so, and you can't 'jump start' from the starter hot post (from battery) to the solenoid, none of the wiring repairs will fix the problem. The problem is somewhere on the battery feed to the starter.

I ohm'd out the Pos. cable and Neg. Cable . Both were good 0.07 on the meter

Did you watch the starter/solenoid work on the test stand at the starter repair shop? If so, and you can't 'jump start' from the starter hot post (from battery) to the solenoid, none of the wiring repairs will fix the problem. The problem is somewhere on the battery feed to the starter.

I did not watch the repair shop do any testing. I had to leave it , picked it up the next week

/ Ford 1510 Tractor Wont Start Help ! #33  
Pull and test it on your bench, verify solenoid and starter function

/ Ford 1510 Tractor Wont Start Help ! #34  
I ohm'd out the Pos. cable and Neg. Cable . Both were good 0.07 on the meter
A cable (or any other connection that shows low resistance) under low load conditions could still be bad under heavy load. An iffy cable or connector can very well ohm out to 0.07 on the meter and still not be able to carry the load you would need to turn over the starter. There are more than one thread here where a battery cable was thought to be good until further analysis proved it was bad.

/ Ford 1510 Tractor Wont Start Help ! #35  
better to check voltage drop across cable when under load vs ohming it ..

I found the issue. Changed out both Pos. Batt. and neg. Cables. Tractor fired rite up. I peeled the insulation off the old Pos. cable and in the middle it was blue corrosion . So it was the Pos. Batt. Cable.
Thanks for everyone's help !

Attachments

• IMG_1703.JPG
    IMG_1703.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 127
   / Ford 1510 Tractor Wont Start Help ! #37  
Ahh.. Post #7. ;)