Ford 1700 diesel starting issue

/ Ford 1700 diesel starting issue #41  
My 1700 always needed the glow plugs to. Even when it was 90F out. Traded up to a Ford 1920 and it’s night and day difference. No glow plugs needed till under freezing and it has power steering a single loader level. The 1700 was nice and compact.

Never really understood the starting with glow plugs. Some need it some dont. Why is that?
My Kioti needs it. Key on till light goes off = starts.
I had a Romainian "Long" 3 cylinder tractor. Always started wit no glow plugs. Was down below 20 degrees.... started up. no glow plugs or either

/ Ford 1700 diesel starting issue #42  
Never really understood the starting with glow plugs. Some need it some dont. Why is that?
My Kioti needs it. Key on till light goes off = starts.
I had a Romainian "Long" 3 cylinder tractor. Always started wit no glow plugs. Was down below 20 degrees.... started up. no glow plugs or either

I always inferred that higher compression engines did not need glow plugs under normal circumstances, could be totally off base. Figured as they aged and rings wore the glow plugs were used more frequently. I am sure someone will jump in on this....

I have a Ck2610 with 7 hours. When I first started it I wasn't used to a modern tractor, and did not wait for the glow plug stage-it started immediately.

To the OP question, I do not think your glow plug should be coming on in either start or run mode. All my manuals went with tractor so can not check schematic. On my Kioti it turns off in 2 seconds (if used properly) and then you start it.