Ford 1700 diesel starting issue

/ Ford 1700 diesel starting issue #31  
Just work it hard for an hour or so & THEN tell us about the smoke.. {color}
Glad its running better..

/ Ford 1700 diesel starting issue
Thanks for your help, will let you know

Hi everyone, anyone have the torque specs for the fuel injectors on the ford1700 l torqued them at 55ft pounds but notice slight bubbling around the threads. There is the copper washer the injector seat? And one of the injectors seemed like it loosened up?

/ Ford 1700 diesel starting issue #34  
U can torque them all u like, but if the surfaces aren't flat, your wasting your time.
THERE IS a copper washer in the head that seals the injector to the head seat..
U may have cracked the noz. nut.??

I will monitor it. It didn't seem like a flat surface looking g in the injector hole. I did snug them up and will monitor. After using it yesterday still seem to notice white smoke from the exhaust and also from the valve cover breather3

/ Ford 1700 diesel starting issue #36  
Whenever I change/remove an injector, I always run a piece of Scotch-Brite attached to a rod & a drill, up & down the holes..
Engage the stop lever on the inj. pump & then spin the engine over to blow out the results..
Be aware of the copper gasket on the end of the injector.. MOST TIMES they get left in the head & are carboned up & not noticeable..
Then when the new ones come in, either the washer gets doubled up or is left out..
Its BEST to replace them.. & if that isn't an option {for some reason} take it out, sand it down, flip it over & retighten the injector.

Thanks again, l really notice the extra power when running the tractor. Still seems a little hard to start yet. He'd the glow plugs on for 45 seconds. Is it ok to hold them on that long or possibly longer. Manual says hold for 30 sec

/ Ford 1700 diesel starting issue #38  
My 1700 always needed the glow plugs to. Even when it was 90F out. Traded up to a Ford 1920 and it’s night and day difference. No glow plugs needed till under freezing and it has power steering a single loader level. The 1700 was nice and compact.

Yup, it's a nice tractor, maybe lm a little impatient with trying to start it. It's a older but it has alot of power and in nice shape. I'd post a picture but not to tech savvy

Hello everyone, on a ford 1700 , does the glow plugs come on even when trying to start the tractor? I know when you turn the key to the left it activates them but l noticed the also come on when trying to start it