Ford 3000???? Problems

/ Ford 3000???? Problems #21  
well.. she ain't a 3000.

gear reduction rear ... and wet brakes.

heavy front bolster.. and that front axle ain't the 1939 design.. looks like some sort of industrial. I'm not up on all the 4 digit and 3 digit industrial variants.. but could be some sort of 3 digit industrial. front axle is deffinately not the ld fixed.. or the adjustable hd of a 4000 or a adjustable ld on a 39-65 00/01/2000/3000

a 445 is what really comes to mind... especially looking at front and back axle.

might want to bring in whodat and rickb on this.

Looks like a 4500 to me. Hard grille shell, straight axle, planetary finals with wet brakes. Factory alternator and CCW tach dial might make it a 445 except they had fully hydrostatic steering which this doesn't. Thinking a little more, it could be a 3550.

/ Ford 3000???? Problems #22  
i missed the steering.. and I should have known it.. after i looked at some industrials last year.

:)

/ Ford 3000???? Problems
So I cleaned out the transmission and it was filled to the top it looked like baileys Irish cream, kind of a tan so I opened the bottom drain and about two gallons of water came out followed by the tan mixture I started playing with the shift pattern and it is a 6 forward speeds and 4 reverse speeds with a high and low. So far all the parts I have gotten for the tractor have matched up when i ask for a ford 3000 part. The fuel pump, injectors and starter so far.

Semper Fidelis - Freedom isn't free, to see the cost visit your local VA

/ Ford 3000???? Problems #24  
So I cleaned out the transmission and it was filled to the top it looked like baileys Irish cream, kind of a tan so I opened the bottom drain and about two gallons of water came out followed by the tan mixture I started playing with the shift pattern and it is a 6 forward speeds and 4 reverse speeds with a high and low. So far all the parts I have gotten for the tractor have matched up when i ask for a ford 3000 part. The fuel pump, injectors and starter so far.

Everything you have asked for would probably bolt up to 30 different models of Ford tractors. Some might even be correct. That isn't a 3000 and you can take that to the bank.

/ Ford 3000???? Problems #25  
you had lots of oil/water emulsion in the trans.

i'd dump in some diesel and atf fluid and cheap flush utf oil plus a quart of 90% rubbing alcohol.. do a victory pass around the yard... just a short ride to slosh the mixture... then drain and refill with clean utf.

/ Ford 3000???? Problems
Can anyone decode the serial numbers and tell me what I have I would like five true appropriate manuals
Thanks
Craig

/ Ford 3000???? Problems
Also what is a gear reduction rear end? I am guessing I am missing out on something that I have and don't realize or know how to use...
Thanks again,
Craig

/ Ford 3000???? Problems #29  
Also what is a gear reduction rear end? I am guessing I am missing out on something that I have and don't realize or know how to use...
Someone else will have to help you with the serial numbers. (may have to go to a dealer with that question)

As far as the gear reduction rear axle, some of the industrial tractors had those for very low speed (creeper) work, like trenching. Don't worry about it.

Definitely not a 3000. I agree it's an industrial tractor. Looks like a 4400 to me. Do a web search for "ford 4400 pics" and look for yourself.

/ Ford 3000???? Problems #30  
that could be part of your hard starting problem the injectors for a 3000 is set at a different pressure than a 4500 because a 3000 has a 4.2 bore piston and a 4500 has a 4.4 bore they have different tips in the bottom of the injectors but the injector shells are the same and will interchange