Ford 4500

/ Ford 4500 #41  
Eventually you'll need some sort of parts. Open this link to the FNH Construction site, for the 4500. New Holland Construction | 4500 - 3 Cyl Industrial Tractor | MyCNHi US Store A lot easier to navigate using a personal computer.

Pretty well covers all of the function groups on the tractor. Just select a function group in menu to the left. Then drill down through the particular section you want, and select that particular exploded view. You'll see an exploded view, then to the right a description and OEM part number. A red or green dot shows availability through a dealer, many show red, so N/A. But the important thing is, it shows the OEM part number. I found many years ago the secret to finding parts is to use the OEM part number. Copy and paste that OEM part number to a good search engine. Google works best for me.

Many salvage yards, aftermarket dealers, ebay sellers, etc. list many parts using the OEM part number. Much better than just using a generic term when looking for parts, and you know you have the correct one.
A+ !! Thanks for the link, I am currently looking to replace the Hydraulic filter that is located in the loader arm.... Not having much luck. A piece of trash got through and my loader bucket will not uncurl. loader lift and drop works great - pretty sure there is trash in the control valve due to a shoddy filter...

/ Ford 4500 #42  
Looks like you have a 735 Loader on your tractor. Is your filter like this in the pictures?

Attachments

• 735 Loader Frame.jpg
    735 Loader Frame.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 735 Loader Filter.jpg
    735 Loader Filter.jpg
    298.7 KB · Views: 27
   / Ford 4500 #43  
A+ !! Thanks for the link, I am currently looking to replace the Hydraulic filter that is located in the loader arm.... Not having much luck. A piece of trash got through and my loader bucket will not uncurl. loader lift and drop works great - pretty sure there is trash in the control valve due to a shoddy filter...
How old are the hose's for that particular function..?? If you don't find something in the control, old hose's have been known to come apart internally and a flap of the lining will come loose, or double over and block a fitting port. It happens occasionally on brake line flex hoses too.

/ Ford 4500 #44  
How old are the hose's for that particular function..?? If you don't find something in the control, old hose's have been known to come apart internally and a flap of the lining will come loose, or double over and block a fitting port. It happens occasionally on brake line flex hoses too.
Most have been replaced (hoses). However a collapsed hose could very well be the culprit. I have the filter on order as the original denigrated ( it looked to be a "Paper element" which became clogged and collapsed. I have seen the situation that you described with a drum/caliper the hose that attaches keeps fluid from returning to the master cylinder!Once the filter comes in and is installed I will begin to (crack hoses and inspect for flow..... Primitive and messy is how I roll!

/ Ford 4500 #45  
Looks like you have a 735 Loader on your tractor. Is your filter like this in the pictures?
It was not like this, it was the 'paper' type... I measured and have tried several of the filters that are depicted in the attachment on your post.
I am attempting this one I purchased from amazon (has yet to arrive)

WIX MN-S45E40T Direct Interchange for WIX-S45E40T, Stainless Steel​

I looked up the part number and the specifications seem to work; 9" long and right diameter

"The model you posted is - correct" and the illustrated parts breakdown is accurate.

If this works - I will let you guys know! Thanks for your input!