Ford 4500

/ Ford 4500 #11  
Thanks I will. I feel like a little kid.

I especially like the counter weight quote recommendation on the spec sheet

Please add 5000-6500 lb to the rear of the tractor if not using the backhoe.

So about one new 50 HP MFWD CUT with FEL Hah ha

/ Ford 4500 #12  
I own the same one that you have (albeit not as rust free)! learning the 4 valve is tough!

/ Ford 4500 #13  
I own the same one that you have (albeit not as rust free)! learning the 4 valve is tough!

Especially when the controls and pivot points get loose like mine :)

I still smile every time I use the Ford 550 which was a couple days ago. The roof slid all the snow on the horse run out from the barn.
For years we used to hand shovel out pathways. Ugh.

10 minutes with the 755 and it's long reach I can easily do it over the horse fence without even getting inside the run in.

The old Fords are great machines, They may be the best bargains out there.

/ Ford 4500 #14  
4 lever control takes practice, but once you get it, it works well.

/ Ford 4500 #15  
I was used to running 3 stick Case 580's, first time I ever ran a 4 stick Ford I ABSOLUTELY hated the thing... 50 years later I still do :LOL:.

Wobble sticks are the best thing that ever happened to backhoes IMHO.

/ Ford 4500 #16  
I was used to running 3 stick Case 580's, first time I ever ran a 4 stick Ford I ABSOLUTELY hated the thing... 50 years later I still do :LOL:.

Wobble sticks are the best thing that ever happened to backhoes IMHO.
Going Case to 4 lever or vice versa, you have to cross your hands as everything is backward depending on your previous experience.

/ Ford 4500 #17  
Hmm, on the 4 stick- since you have one ( I am wondering if you would see if mine are set up correctly)
outsides are the stabs
1st - through the 4th.... I am curious first 3 pressed fwd is down out and roll last is left right ( cant remember if push is left an pull is right

/ Ford 4500 #19  
Hmm, on the 4 stick- since you have one ( I am wondering if you would see if mine are set up correctly)
outsides are the stabs
1st - through the 4th.... I am curious first 3 pressed fwd is down out and roll last is left right ( cant remember if push is left an pull is right

Sitting looking at the backhoe, left to right.

#1 Dipper/curl - push goes out, pull curls in
#2 Boom - push goes down, pull comes up
#3 Bucket - push dumps, pull digs or curls up
#4 Swing - push goes left, pull comes right
Outside levers are the stabilizers/outriggers

/ Ford 4500 #20  
When I worked on them new we called
Them dinosaurs

But great digging dinosaurs. Designed to trench by using the dipper to dig rather than the bucket to scoop like an ice cream scoop.