Ford 4500

/ Ford 4500 #31  
Here are the numbers I got from behind the starter
Feb 20, 1967 build, according to that number. The last letter is probably a C which would be afternoon or evening shift. BUT, the number next to the serial number, 7F19 would say it is a May 19, 1967 build. Either way, it is a 1967 model.
What doesn't make sense is according to the model code, 45012C, it has an 8x2 transmission with a transmission PTO, but your decal shows it is a 6x4 transmission.

When you shift the LH shifter left and down, do you get a reverse gear or 3rd gear?

/ Ford 4500 #32  
Ya there is reverse gear

/ Ford 4500 #37  
Eventually you'll need some sort of parts. Open this link to the FNH Construction site, for the 4500. New Holland Construction | 4500 - 3 Cyl Industrial Tractor | MyCNHi US Store A lot easier to navigate using a personal computer.

Pretty well covers all of the function groups on the tractor. Just select a function group in menu to the left. Then drill down through the particular section you want, and select that particular exploded view. You'll see an exploded view, then to the right a description and OEM part number. A red or green dot shows availability through a dealer, many show red, so N/A. But the important thing is, it shows the OEM part number. I found many years ago the secret to finding parts is to use the OEM part number. Copy and paste that OEM part number to a good search engine. Google works best for me.

Many salvage yards, aftermarket dealers, ebay sellers, etc. list many parts using the OEM part number. Much better than just using a generic term when looking for parts, and you know you have the correct one.

/ Ford 4500 #38  
Two one high one low ,I basically use two gears low 1st forward and low reverse I’m a rook
I was trying to get Sjanderson470 to answer whether he’s had 2 reverse, 1 hi, 1 low like yours, or 2 hi, 2 low like the decal shows. His model code suggests the prior (8x2) while the decal on the dash suggests the latter (6x4).

Yours is a nice machine and the Rustoleom looks good!

/ Ford 4500
Sitting looking at the backhoe, left to right.

#1 Dipper/curl - push goes out, pull curls in
#2 Boom - push goes down, pull comes up
#3 Bucket - push dumps, pull digs or curls up
#4 Swing - push goes left, pull comes right
Outside levers are the stabilizers/outriggers
I’ll check tomorrow. I’m still learning.Cant check hydraulics when I fix lm gonna label and practice practice practice.
Eventually you'll need some sort of parts. Open this link to the FNH Construction site, for the 4500. New Holland Construction | 4500 - 3 Cyl Industrial Tractor | MyCNHi US Store A lot easier to navigate using a personal computer.

Pretty well covers all of the function groups on the tractor. Just select a function group in menu to the left. Then drill down through the particular section you want, and select that particular exploded view. You'll see an exploded view, then to the right a description and OEM part number. A red or green dot shows availability through a dealer, many show red, so N/A. But the important thing is, it shows the OEM part number. I found many years ago the secret to finding parts is to use the OEM part number. Copy and paste that OEM part number to a good search engine. Google works best for me.

Many salvage yards, aftermarket dealers, ebay sellers, etc. list many parts using the OEM part number. Much better than just using a generic term when looking for parts, and you know you have the correct one.
thanks

/ Ford 4500
I was trying to get Sjanderson470 to answer whether he’s had 2 reverse, 1 hi, 1 low like yours, or 2 hi, 2 low like the decal shows. His model code suggests the prior (8x2) while the decal on the dash suggests the latter (6x4).

Yours is a nice machine and the Rustoleom looks good!
I do 50 foot paint jobs