Ford 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel Truck

/ Ford 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel Truck #31  
Richard, I just do not understand why you try to candy coat the facts for Ford. You used the same argument about it not being a Ford problem on the Firestone issue. Ford is ultimately responsible. Period. It is most certainly a Ford issue as those parts were made to their specs. If you believe those numbers Richard I am happy for you but to be perfectly honest with you I think that a 3% failure rate is laughable. I personally know well over a dozen guys that have had Ford injector failures and that does not count any one on the net or their extended family. One of my neighbors his brother and dad all had failures. Yes Gm has had their failures as well. Mechanical things fail and it is a pain in the rear, Especially when your hiney might be hangin out after the 100k mark. Gm at this point has a failure rate VASTLY lower than Ford. If it catches up you can be sure it will be front page news just like it is for Ford here now. I am not knocking Ford. I have owned more Ford trucks than all the others combined. Living in greater Detroit a large percentage of my income can be directly traced back to Ford, Gm and Chrysler. When any of the companys mentioned get in a pinch it is not good for me. I can sum it up like this Richard. I bet you a bottle of Bourbon and a steak dinner that the failure rate in question is higher than 3%. I'll bet you a case of your favorite poison that neither you or I will ever know the real numbers.

/ Ford 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel Truck #32  
Mine's only 3 years old('01 Dodge bought in april-01). If you think it is amazing the power difference you see between the old 7.3's and what is a vailable now, think about what has happened in just the last three years. My 235hp/460ftlb motor is low on the HP compared to the only 3 years newer 300-325hp engines. The new Ford is 325hp/560ftlb. The current Dodge is 305hp/555ftlb.

That's a big jump! Just in the last 3 years! It's like computers and digital cameras; it's outdated by the time you get them home from the store /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ Ford 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel Truck #33  
Robert:

Thats just like brand new to me. I've got a 96 with all of 185 HP and 420 ft.pounds of torque.

Nevertherless It's still pulled whatever been tied on behind.

Egon

/ Ford 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel Truck #34  
Bird,
What is he pulling with? An F450?

My '01 Dodge manual lists a 1-ton dually 6spd w/4.11 as 21,500GCWR. The '04 Ford PS F350 is rated 20,000GCWR. The F450 Cab Chassis GCWR is just at 26,000.

Over 26k gcwr is way overloaded...

/ Ford 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel Truck #35  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( What is he pulling with? An F450? )</font>

Nope, just an F350 crewcab, dually, 2WD, automatic transmission. He used to have a CDL and owned a couple of 18-wheelers many years ago, but had gone back to an ordinary drivers license. Then a couple of weeks ago, he realized that he was running heavy enough that he really wasn't legal, so he took the rig down to the license testing place and took the written and driving test to upgrade to a Class A Operator's License. And he plans to leave central Texas the first of the month and go to central Washington state for the summer.

/ Ford 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel Truck #36  
RobertN....you need to upgrade to a Dodge/ Cummins later this summer and maybe get 600 foot lb of torque...if you are feeling left behind. That will rip the tongue off your trailer if you don't twist the driveshaft into a pretzel first.

/ Ford 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel Truck #37  
Robert, the one thing I like about the Dodge is the simplicity of the engine. Other then that, I'm sure any of the new diesels would be plenty powerful enough for my needs. With all the new trucks I see on the road out here, I sometimes think it wouild be nice to replace mine, but one look at the "new" costs and I'm quickly reminded that my anemic old 7.3 IDI non turbo slug is just fine. Rat...

P.S. how do you like the weather the last couple of days, I see its about 73 degrees out today. The grass is growing like weeds, or maybe they are weeds pretending to be grass. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Ford 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel Truck #38  
I don't feel too left behind. More then the HP/Torque, I wish I had gone with 3.55's and a 6spd. That Cummins does not need 4.11's, especially for what I have done(6-8k trailer peak load).

After a badly damaged knee of a family member who uses the truck often, I thought an Auto would be best. Knowing I would tow, I thought 4.11's would be best. Well, She can shift stick just fine.

Mark Chalkey told me long ago, he had 3.07's in his rig, and they worked great towing heavy loads. Diesels don't need that low gearing like a gas engine. Oh, how right he was!

I bought as a 10 year truck, minimum. It's 3 years old now, so I have a ways to go /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Ford 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel Truck
Here is a shot of my new red beast. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Attachments

• 387348-P1010006.JPG
    387348-P1010006.JPG
    50.8 KB · Views: 403
   / Ford 6.0L Power Stroke Diesel Truck
A closeup.

Attachments

• 387350-P1010012.JPG
    387350-P1010012.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 223