Ford and Powerstroke Engines

/ Ford and Powerstroke Engines #11  
Yes this is kind of odd.
Ford has bought IH engines for many many years not just for pickups.
There mid sized line has always had the option of IH clear back to the 70's

/ Ford and Powerstroke Engines #12  
Courts have ordered Navistar to temporarily resume shipping to Ford. They will probably battle it out in the courts.

/ Ford and Powerstroke Engines #13  
All paraphrased in a nutshell:
Ford wants money for warranty because engines are no good. (Fords opinion)
Navistar says engines are good it's your engine management system that is crap. (Nav's opinion)

='s Stalemate
Nobody wins, especially the poor guy with a 6.0 that is having trouble.

BTI

/ Ford and Powerstroke Engines #14  
It sure isn't Fords injectors, turbos, Egr coolers, headgaskets, oil leaks. That is all courtesy of IH.:eek:

/ Ford and Powerstroke Engines #15  
I am guessing this will be a long and ugly battle. In the end no one will win. Except as I said earlier...GM and Dodge....:eek:

/ Ford and Powerstroke Engines #16  
from the article:

Navistar says trade editors who have driven Ford's 2008 F-250 equipped with the Power Stroke have given it rave reviews.

Are these the same people who gave the 6.0 rave reviews when it came out? I wouldn't give a plugged nickel for the opinions of these writers. They drive a truck for a weekend. Unless the thing craps out over that tiny period, you get no indication of the reliability and they probably would whitewash it anyway. After all, they want to be catered to by FMC again, and saying negative things about their product will bring that to an end.

I think this is a make-or-break situation for Ford. If this engine starts out with any of the problems the 6.0 had, it will be lights out. Ford is apparently unable to make money on cars and the pickup line has been their bread and butter for years.

/ Ford and Powerstroke Engines #17  
rback33 said:
I am guessing this will be a long and ugly battle. In the end no one will win. Except as I said earlier...GM and Dodge....:eek:

Well...I wouldn't say that "no one" would win.

And the winner is.......THE LAWYERS!!!!!

They're always the winners in situations like this.

/ Ford and Powerstroke Engines #18  
Gee this seems like the Firestone battle all over again. Ford keeps this up and no one will want to partner with them!

/ Ford and Powerstroke Engines #19  
gm looked at cat befor the d-max maybe ford should do the same, a ford with a cat and a allison trans that would sell just with the badging they would have to put on the side

/ Ford and Powerstroke Engines #20  
Cat and Ford used to be pretty close. The 3208 was developed for the Ford L series medium duties. My uncle knows a man that bought a 79-80ish (not sure)
Ford pickup with a Cat 4 cyl in it. Claims it was some sort of factory test mule cast off. Still driving it so it musta been a pretty good engine.

I'd give a Cat a shot even though I'm completely satisfed with my 7.3 IH.
A coworker test drove a 6.4 recently, Said it was a hot rod.