Ford releases fuel numbers for the new F-150

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Ford releases fuel numbers for the new F-150 #11  
My dealer told me if trading every couple years Eco-Boost, but if you are going to keep it 5.0 all the way.

At this point, that seems like really good advice. I have ridden in / driven the 3.5 eco but have zero experience with the 5.0. Need to fix that.

I wonder if the 5.0 has the same carbon build up issues the ecoboost has and other direct injected engines? Maybe it's related to turbo charging. Don't know.

It will be hard to get rid of my F250 but the aluminum body sounds like a keeper truck.

/ Ford releases fuel numbers for the new F-150 #12  
At this point, that seems like really good advice. I have ridden in / driven the 3.5 eco but have zero experience with the 5.0. Need to fix that. I wonder if the 5.0 has the same carbon build up issues the ecoboost has and other direct injected engines? Maybe it's related to turbo charging. Don't know. It will be hard to get rid of my F250 but the aluminum body sounds like a keeper truck.
The 5.0L Coyote V8 does not have direct injection.

/ Ford releases fuel numbers for the new F-150 #13  
My dealer told me if trading every couple years Eco-Boost, but if you are going to keep it 5.0 all the way.
I agree 100 percent with this comment,tried and true engine

/ Ford releases fuel numbers for the new F-150 #14  
They'll have to work on their drive line losses now. Ford autos have not exactly been the most efficient for a long while now.

/ Ford releases fuel numbers for the new F-150 #16  

I bought a 2014 5.0 in July and I am very happy with it. I can get close to 20 MPG (combined but mostly highway) but typically get about 18 cause I am a bit of a lead foot. The 5.0 sounds sweet. Call me a traditionalist, but not interested in the Ecoboost.

/ Ford releases fuel numbers for the new F-150 #18  
5.0 engine format has been around a LONG time.

Totally different design. More similar to the 4.6 than the old 302/5.0 . It has had it's own share of problems.

/ Ford releases fuel numbers for the new F-150 #19  

The newer 5.0 coyote introduced in 2011 is completely different than the old 5.0.

/ Ford releases fuel numbers for the new F-150 #20  

Totally different design. More similar to the 4.6 than the old 302/5.0 . It has had it's own share of problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.