Fraud victim

/ Fraud victim
Wife mistakenly grabbed some decaf K-cups at the store a while back ... horrid stuff ...

That's what got me today! I reached in to the box slapped it in and lo and behold somebody had put a decaf in amongst the real ones!

/ Fraud victim #22  
We have a prankster here in my office that likes to sneak a few Decaffs in with the high test. I fell victim to it one time.

Its just.... wrong.

-J

/ Fraud victim #23  
For coffee LOVERS, there is no cutting corners. A coffee grinder, real beans and the ability to grind those beans "Just SO". Had to buy the pre-ground stuff and it just doesn't cut it when Folgers took their whole beans off the market. I thought I was going into cardiac arrest when I tried their "Columbian Ground" ACK. Was tempted to get the Keurig then priced a cup of coffee from them....Holy Batman. I want whole bean coffee, my grinder and a drip coffee maker. Is that asking too much? How I prefer to adorn it with either sugar or half and half is MY decision. Gotta be fresh ground and NOTHING will replace that. :)

/ Fraud victim #24  
IMO...It's a mental thing...there are some very good decaf grinds available...some would easily pass a blind taste test with regular brew...

Sanka anyone...

/ Fraud victim #25  
IMO...It's a mental thing...there are some very good decaf grinds available...some would easily pass a blind taste test with regular brew...

Sanka anyone...

Oh LORD NO. I grew up with my mom drinking Sanka. I can smell it a block away and tell ya what it is. Coffee isn't STARBUCKS folks, that's just over toasted beans and a bunch of junk in a cup. Coffee is what Grandpa drank. Hand ground and perked prior to the drip coffee maker. Anything else, is a travesty. :)

/ Fraud victim
View attachment 395791

Best over a fire! Here is a pic from probably 20 years or so ago - deer hunting camp in the Sylamore National Forrest in Arkansas. A lot of coffee was made in those years in that old blue percolator pot.

/ Fraud victim #27  
Sounds like some of you guys were raised on what we used to call "Sheepherders" coffee...coffee that is brewed in a big pot by boiling, adding water and coffee when it got low without emptying the grounds. Powerful stuff, but I have heard that the real connoisseurs would add an egg shell occasionally.

I happen to like the decaffeinated green tea.

/ Fraud victim #28  
Oh LORD NO. I grew up with my mom drinking Sanka. I can smell it a block away and tell ya what it is. Coffee isn't STARBUCKS folks, that's just over toasted beans and a bunch of junk in a cup. Coffee is what Grandpa drank. Hand ground and perked prior to the drip coffee maker. Anything else, is a travesty. :)

The "Sanka" line was TIC...! (do they still even make that stuff?)

It's hard for me as a pseudo connoisseur off good coffee and someone that only drinks it black...to have much respect for someone that walks the walk but turns around and puts cream and or sugar etc...etc.. in their coffee...

/ Fraud victim #29  
yup.. i lov buying the whole bean and then grinding my own. completely different flavor when that fresh.

For coffee LOVERS, there is no cutting corners. A coffee grinder, real beans and the ability to grind those beans "Just SO". Had to buy the pre-ground stuff and it just doesn't cut it when Folgers took their whole beans off the market. I thought I was going into cardiac arrest when I tried their "Columbian Ground" ACK. Was tempted to get the Keurig then priced a cup of coffee from them....Holy Batman. I want whole bean coffee, my grinder and a drip coffee maker. Is that asking too much? How I prefer to adorn it with either sugar or half and half is MY decision. Gotta be fresh ground and NOTHING will replace that. :)

/ Fraud victim #30  
The "Sanka" line was TIC...! (do they still even make that stuff?)

It's hard for me as a pseudo connoisseur off good coffee and someone that only drinks it black...to have much respect for someone that walks the walk but turns around and puts cream and or sugar etc...etc.. in their coffee...

Quite frankly, I don't care if you respect the way I drink coffee, eat my food or prepare an omelet. I didn't realize you were the the "EXPERT OF ALL THINGS COFFEE". I enjoyed tasca coffee from Spain and campfire coffee from CO. What YOU respect, quite frankly, doesn't amount to a hill of beans (pun intended) as to what my tastes, others tastes or even the 2/3 cream and 1/3 coffee crowd prefer. You, sir, nailed it with "psuedo connoisereur" or better put, you like it your way but look down your nose at others that prefer another taste. When you are published and touted as the "Coffee Guru" of the century, I'd still defer to people that enjoy coffee in a manner of mixtures. It's their dollars for the cup, not yours. Nuff said there. (sorry Mr. Moderator, someone calling me "disrespectful" for not enjoying my coffee HIS way, rubs me wrong in a number of ways).