Fraud victim

/ Fraud victim #31  
Quite frankly, I don't care if you respect the way I drink coffee, eat my food or prepare an omelet. I didn't realize you were the the "EXPERT OF ALL THINGS COFFEE". I enjoyed tasca coffee from Spain and campfire coffee from CO. What YOU respect, quite frankly, doesn't amount to a hill of beans (pun intended) as to what my tastes, others tastes or even the 2/3 cream and 1/3 coffee crowd prefer. You, sir, nailed it with "psuedo connoisereur" or better put, you like it your way but look down your nose at others that prefer another taste. When you are published and touted as the "Coffee Guru" of the century, I'd still defer to people that enjoy coffee in a manner of mixtures. It's their dollars for the cup, not yours. Nuff said there. (sorry Mr. Moderator, someone calling me "disrespectful" for not enjoying my coffee HIS way, rubs me wrong in a number of ways).

FYI...I did not intend to strike a nerve...! no need to get your panties all bunched up there buster... YOU were the one that came marching in making yourself out to be the quintessential expert:
For coffee LOVERS, there is no cutting corners. A coffee grinder, real beans and the ability to grind those beans "Just SO". Had to buy the pre-ground stuff and it just doesn't cut it when Folgers took their whole beans off the market. I thought I was going into cardiac arrest when I tried their "Columbian Ground" ACK. Was tempted to get the Keurig then priced a cup of coffee from them....Holy Batman. I want whole bean coffee, my grinder and a drip coffee maker. Is that asking too much? How I prefer to adorn it with either sugar or half and half is MY decision. Gotta be fresh ground and NOTHING will replace that

And another thing...just how in hades did you get being called "disrespectful" from me saying I did not have much respect for a self proclaimed (fresh ground) coffee expert that uses cream and or sugar???

/ Fraud victim #32  
I grind coffee daily. Good taste. But I am a snob when it comes to coffee- only gevalia- just tastes too good - whichever I choose. I used to like flavored, but since I began with gevalia (free coffee maker got me started), I've never turned back. And now I can buy it locally at the supermarket, so no more ordering it. It tastes good black, especially their expresso, or any other way. Since they got bought up by Kraft, they are slipping. A couple of my favorites have been discontinued.
Years ago I worked the 11-7am shift and I drank sludge coffee by the end of the night. I used to see vending machines as a source of good coffee... but instant coffee- that was hard to take when I made it myself!
For me, each cup should be an experience! I should taste the depth of the brew, dark. The heavy cream should turn the coffee to velvet with that satisfying feeling that only cream produces. The sugar- demara with the touch of molasses in it, not too sweet. The ceylon cinnamon (my homeopathic arthritis medicine) adds the twist to encompass the other ingredients - delivering a taste sensation to the palate. Now that is coffee the way it should be drunk! Anything else, is just that, less!

/ Fraud victim #33  
My mother used to give my brother and I Postum when we were kids over 60 years ago. Never really got attached to it but it wasn't bad.

I drink on average about 2 cups of coffee per year. I don't think I've had any this year yet. No reason other than I don't really care for it.

I had my first cup when I was 16 on a camping trip with my uncle. He asked how I liked it. I said I don't. He said you'll get used to it. I asked why do I want to get used to it if I don't like it? If I hit my toe with a hammer, sooner or later I'll probably get used to it, but why do I want to?

I never got used to it.

Like you, I tried it a few times, and hated it. I was a police officer for a while, and I did not drink coffee. I had to make it a few times for others, but I have always disliked it. Can you imagine a cop, that does not drink coffee? They are pretty darn rare, let me tell you.

/ Fraud victim #34  
Sounds like some of you guys were raised on what we used to call "Sheepherders" coffee...coffee that is brewed in a big pot by boiling, adding water and coffee when it got low without emptying the grounds. Powerful stuff, but I have heard that the real connoisseurs would add an egg shell occasionally.

don't you mean an egg /eggwhite ? ... as it boiled , it collected the extra grounds floating around ( so you didn't have to strain 'em with your teeth ):thumbsup:

/ Fraud victim #35  
Quite frankly, I don't care if you respect the way I drink coffee, eat my food or prepare an omelet. I didn't realize you were the the "EXPERT OF ALL THINGS COFFEE". I enjoyed tasca coffee from Spain and campfire coffee from CO. What YOU respect, quite frankly, doesn't amount to a hill of beans (pun intended) as to what my tastes, others tastes or even the 2/3 cream and 1/3 coffee crowd prefer. You, sir, nailed it with "psuedo connoisereur" or better put, you like it your way but look down your nose at others that prefer another taste. When you are published and touted as the "Coffee Guru" of the century, I'd still defer to people that enjoy coffee in a manner of mixtures. It's their dollars for the cup, not yours. Nuff said there. (sorry Mr. Moderator, someone calling me "disrespectful" for not enjoying my coffee HIS way, rubs me wrong in a number of ways).

Damm! Maybe you should start drinking decaf!! A little touchy about coffee? Is this a Texas thing?

/ Fraud victim #36  
Like you, I tried it a few times, and hated it. I was a police officer for a while, and I did not drink coffee. I had to make it a few times for others, but I have always disliked it. Can you imagine a cop, that does not drink coffee? They are pretty darn rare, let me tell you.

Next you're gonna tell me that you didn't eat donuts. You would never make it as a cop around here!

/ Fraud victim #37  
Next you're gonna tell me that you didn't eat donuts. You would never make it as a cop around here!

I ain't gonna tell no lies like that..I have been on a diet for about 3 weeks, and right about now, I might do something rash for a Krispy Kreme.:yell:

/ Fraud victim #38  
I was a cook in N.G. in the mid 60s We made coffee by adding 5 lbs. of can coffee to a large pot of very hot water. Terrible stuff, but when it was 35 degrees you drank it and didn't say a word.

/ Fraud victim #39  
I'm sure that I'll offend SOMEBODY with this comment, but I like my coffee HOT!(and black) You can keep your Mr Coffeemaker, the only thing allowed in my house is a percolater.

/ Fraud victim #40  
I don't know if they still use it or not, but back around 1990 or so the military came out with a bunch of new field rations. One of the additions was a 2 ounce bottle of "concentrated coffee" that you added to 5 gallons of hot water. Oddly enough, it wasn't bad, for field coffee and the taste was consistent from day to day. I've still got one bottle in my old field locker, but haven't felt the need to drink it since I retired.

At least it was tons better than the instant coffee packets in the MREs.

I don't claim my coffee is any better that what others offer, but I like to grind my own beans and use a Melitta pour through filter, works great for me.