Front end loader falls on car

/ Front end loader falls on car #1  

kebo

Elite Member
Tractor
2001 John Deere 790 4x4, bar tires
The good news is no one was hurt..... :thumbsup:

Front-end loader falls on car in intersection
COLUMBIA, SC (WIS-TV) - Columbia police are investigating after a bizarre incident left a tractor on top of a car Tuesday morning.
A front-end loader being transported on the back of a City of Columbia dump truck fell onto a car at the intersection of Harden St. and Calhoun St. sometime before 10:00 a.m.
It is unclear exactly what caused the tractor to fall onto the car.
The driver of the car says he is okay.
Traffic in the area was slow while crews cleaned up the mess.
Copyright 2012 WIS. All rights reserved.

Attachments

• Backhoe on car.jpg
    Backhoe on car.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 1,248
   / Front end loader falls on car #2  
amazing, glad nobody was hurt
the loader looks like it's still bound
to the trailer...

/ Front end loader falls on car #3  
looks like driver might have been going to fast with a top heavy load but that my opinoin

/ Front end loader falls on car #4  
City and State workers dont usually get in a hurry, but about the only way that accident can happen is he turned that corner way too fast for the top heavy load that he had. He just wasnt thinking about that as he slammed around that corner. Maybe he was a new hire that formerly drove private dump trucks paid by the load and was driving accordingly.

/ Front end loader falls on car #7  
J_J said:
You all look again. The tractor was not chained or the chain broke or came loose.

The trailer is level.

What was the car doing that close in the first place.

Looks to me like the truck was making a left hand turn. Load was leaning to the outside when the car ran the light, hit the trailer with just enouh force to tip the load towards them... lol, I really don't have a clue :)

/ Front end loader falls on car #8  
Looks to me like the truck was making a left hand turn. Load was leaning to the outside when the car ran the light, hit the trailer with just enouh force to tip the load towards them... lol, I really don't have a clue :)

Why would you think the car ran a light? Just because the light is red? Could have been green when the accident happened.

/ Front end loader falls on car #9  
You all look again. The tractor was not chained or the chain broke or came loose.

The trailer is level.

What was the car doing that close in the first place.

Drivers cited after front-end loader falls on car - WIS News 10 - Columbia, South Carolina |

No....look at the pic. I clearly looks like the trailer wen on over with the tractor.

It looks like the car was turning left to go down the road the truck was coming from.

I agree that it looks like he was going a bit too fast for the load.

/ Front end loader falls on car #10  
RoyJackson said:
Why would you think the car ran a light? Just because the light is red? Could have been green when the accident happened.

Well, I guess the truck could have ran the light and pulled out in front of them... I said that I really don't have a clue... :)