Frustrated. Trying to find a rear axle for Chinese hisun 400 utv

/ Frustrated. Trying to find a rear axle for Chinese hisun 400 utv #1  

Joel/ak

Platinum Member
Tractor
Bobcat 324
My dad uses it at his house. 80yo and he has a hard time walking.

Totally locked up. Had problems in the past with it. Started out when I first took the rear axle out, I found the pinion nut was totally backed off. I'm sure that didn't help.

I found 1 on ebay but either the guy wants to make sure I get the right part or he doesn't know what I'm talking about. I sent him a pic, bad pic but it showed the rear axle.

If he didn't need it, I'd say to scrap it.

Don't buy chinese

/ Frustrated. Trying to find a rear axle for Chinese hisun 400 utv #2  
No dealer nearby? I've got their electric one. We had a circuit board problem of of the gate. They eventually replaced the whole thing and reset the warranty. Dealer was good a out doing what they can and the US HQ is only an hour or 2 west of the dealer.

We skid logs and stretch fence with it. It will pull the trailer loaded with brush.

Less than half the $ of other electric UTV.

/ Frustrated. Trying to find a rear axle for Chinese hisun 400 utv #3  

Totally locked up. Had problems in the past with it. Started out when I first took the rear axle out, I found the pinion nut was totally backed off. I'm sure that didn't help.

I found 1 on ebay but either the guy wants to make sure I get the right part or he doesn't know what I'm talking about. I sent him a pic, bad pic but it showed the rear axle.

Don't buy chinese
Yes but you got a really good deal

/ Frustrated. Trying to find a rear axle for Chinese hisun 400 utv #4  
Buy your Dad a new reliable machine, that you can get parts for easily, or at least a very nice gently used one. He isn,t going to be around forever, you don,t want to have any regrets ! At his age, he needs less stress, and more enjoyment.

/ Frustrated. Trying to find a rear axle for Chinese hisun 400 utv #5  

Don't buy chinese
I’ve had pretty good experience with this place. Your results may vary.

/ Frustrated. Trying to find a rear axle for Chinese hisun 400 utv #6  
Not sure on that exact model but many of the chinese SxS from tractor supply and the like are clones of major brands ie yamaha rhinos and many of the rhino parts fit

/ Frustrated. Trying to find a rear axle for Chinese hisun 400 utv #7  
A friend has one, blew engine in first 4 months of ownership. Company installed new engine under warranty…took a few months to get work complete. New engine blew last year. Its sitting in his side yard. He bought a kawasaki mule. Hisun is Chinese junk .

/ Frustrated. Trying to find a rear axle for Chinese hisun 400 utv #8  
Not sure on that exact model but many of the chinese SxS from tractor supply and the like are clones of major brands ie yamaha rhinos and many of the rhino parts fit
This right here. Check for any clone vehicles. If you can find a parts diagram, then search the individual part number, on ebay. Good luck. Most likely there are multiple clones, and with any of those clones that you can find a parts number for, 'should' work.

/ Frustrated. Trying to find a rear axle for Chinese hisun 400 utv #9  
So, looks like the entire rear axle assembly is $1005. I would probably try to diagnose further than 'rear axle assembly' down to a specific part or sub assembly that is causing the issue.
Screenshot_20240222_135022_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20240222_134928_Chrome.jpg

/ Frustrated. Trying to find a rear axle for Chinese hisun 400 utv #10  
Taking that part number, I found more on Ebay.
Screenshot_20240222_135313_eBay.jpg
Screenshot_20240222_135437_Google.jpg