Future electric oil

/ Future electric oil #1  

hiddentacocatneddih

Platinum Member
Tractor
Mahindra 485DI
No change for oil in the future if electric is the way.

Electric tractor. No hydraulics needed

/ Future electric oil #2  
Ford and GM and Elon forgot to calculate not enough electricity , 5 billion in the hole

/ Future electric oil #3  
Why wouldnt there be a need for hydraulics? An electric actuator is slow. An electric tractor will still have a bucket and need hydraulics. Me….i can never see me getting an electric car, truck or tractor.

/ Future electric oil
Not all electronic actuators or servos are slow

In fact some hydraulics are slow

/ Future electric oil #5  
If you believe that an electric actuator can be as simple, strong, and comfortable to operate as hydraulics, just drive a car with hydraulic steering versus the numb feel of electric torque management. I question even 48 Volts. But having a useless EV laying around as a Miller Bobcat clone is priceless.
Honet, I'm gunna take the LeaF out to the back 40 to weld that danged busted gate hinge.

/ Future electric oil #6  
It will be awhile before linear actuators can match the brute force of hydraulic cylinder in the same package size. Will that day come.. possibly. Same with hydraulic motor vs electric motor. I can lift a hydraulic motor that produces torque of 100 HP but have not found 100 HP electric motor that I can lift.

/ Future electric oil
Hydraulics are an extra energy conversion to get from the battery to the end movement.

There are presses capable of 100s of tons that are electrically driven.

I work on electrical machines with servo motors over 50 shaft hp

It's nothing new

/ Future electric oil
It will be awhile before linear actuators can match the brute force of hydraulic cylinder in the same package size. Will that day come.. possibly. Same with hydraulic motor vs electric motor. I can lift a hydraulic motor that produces torque of 100 HP but have not found 100 HP electric motor that I can lift.

The electric motor in a tesla is a fraction of the size of its industrial hp rated counterpart

/ Future electric oil #10  
The electric motor in a tesla is a fraction of the size of its industrial hp rated counterpart
And will produce full power for how long before burning up vs industrial counterpart.

Electric has its place but it is not everyplace same as hydraulics, diesel engines, etc.