Future electric oil

/ Future electric oil #21  
i believe Soletrac went bankrupt…

This storyline will repeat over and over until EV technology stabilizes in price and function. The old farm backhoe that gets used 3 weeks out of a year will be diesel for many, many years to come I expect. Our Leaf and Tesla are great daily drivers and the Tesla shines for cross country trips. It will be many decades before EVs will replace diesel power if ever.

/ Future electric oil #22  
Honet, I'm gunna take the LeaF out to the back 40 to weld that danged busted gate hinge.
Something I considered when my cousin was selling his Prius actually but I missed out on it, too slow on the switch.

Was going to add a set of Tweco lugs to the positive and negative sides of the battery and use it for exactly that instead of loading and unloading my Lincoln Ranger engine drive in my pickup all time and the Prius could have been a semi off road welding vehicle Of course only DC straight or reverse polarity so I could run low hydrogen or 6013 stick electrodes. I have my welding cables already set up with Tweco disconnects presently. All my shop machines including the TIG are DINSE. For the in field off road stuff, I'd still have to use the Ford F350 4x4 and the Ranger and I have a high freq box on it so I can run scratch start TIG as well. An EV would work for a portable welding rig just not extreme off road welding in say a muddy field. I've been in fields before where I have to lock in the front diff plus the rear limited slip to get to a customer's tractor or busted implement.

/ Future electric oil #23  
This storyline will repeat over and over until EV technology stabilizes in price and function. The old farm backhoe that gets used 3 weeks out of a year will be diesel for many, many years to come I expect. Our Leaf and Tesla are great daily drivers and the Tesla shines for cross country trips. It will be many decades before EVs will replace diesel power if ever.
Gale, ain't gonna happen in my lifetime so I don't concern myself with it at all. I believe that is why Fords and GM are ramping down production of toaster cars and trucks, they also see the handwriting on the wall and the government is running out of give away money anyway. That and the soon to be on our shores BYD toasters that will really undercut any domestic production prices anyway. Remember where the bulk of lithium comes from... and it ain't here so far. The Chinese can build, ship and sell toaster cars way under any domestic producer can and that includes your beloved Tesla toaster car as well. Why Elon diversified into other venues like X for instance.

He ain't dumb.

/ Future electric oil
No more oil changes.

Gas is the devil. Diesel is deviler

/ Future electric oil #25  
I can't understand how anyone can think the future is going to be electric. In the last 3 years our electricity has been off at least 4 times. We constantly hear of states talking about brown outs and warning the power will go out. Remember Texas a few years ago? Cold weather and then the power goes out and then Disaster.

The cleanest burning fuel has always been Natural Gas. I never ever expected the Gov to attack NG. Why would I trust anyone who wants to ban the cheapest and cleanest fuel we have? You better hope we never go full electric!

Wake Up America!

Back in January we had an unusually cold week that was below zero that’s pretty cold for TN. The electric provider was begging for voluntary load reduction the whole time. The effects weren’t enough and a substation feed wire burned up on the coldest night and resulted in almost the whole county loosing power for 8 hours. Imagine trying to get a natural disaster cleaned up and utilities restored when all the equipment batteries are dead.

/ Future electric oil #26  
Back in January we had an unusually cold week that was below zero that’s pretty cold for TN. The electric provider was begging for voluntary load reduction the whole time. The effects weren’t enough and a substation feed wire burned up on the coldest night and resulted in almost the whole county loosing power for 8 hours. Imagine trying to get a natural disaster cleaned up and utilities restored when all the equipment batteries are dead.
I have never known our power grids to be as frail as they are now. So lets quadruple the demand and expect everything to be just Fine and Dandy. Why the rush to put us lower than a third-world country? :unsure:

/ Future electric oil #27  
Gale, ain't gonna happen in my lifetime so I don't concern myself with it at all. I believe that is why Fords and GM are ramping down production of toaster cars and trucks, they also see the handwriting on the wall and the government is running out of give away money anyway. That and the soon to be on our shores BYD toasters that will really undercut any domestic production prices anyway. Remember where the bulk of lithium comes from... and it ain't here so far. The Chinese can build, ship and sell toaster cars way under any domestic producer can and that includes your beloved Tesla toaster car as well. Why Elon diversified into other venues like X for instance.

He ain't dumb.
Don't go checking out on us early now.

/ Future electric oil #28  
Don't go checking out on us early now.
i won't if I can help it. Candidly, I'm in a field trial for a new procedure where they will extract stem cells from my blood, and then genetically modify them and put them back in me and the genetically modified stem cells will destroy the tumors so no more chemo. Just had a liver biopsy today so they could get a sample of the tumor in my liver so they can do the genetic match. All pretty interesting stuff. Been at the hospital most of the day actually. I won't miss the chemo and the related symptoms. If this pans out, I'll be cancer free and actually die a normal death. Been dealing with this stuff for 7 years now. Turn 74 in July and I want to hang around for a few more years as I still have some people I want to pizz off including some on here...lol

The chemo actually arrested the growth of them and reduced it a lot but would never rid me of them. This new FDA approved procedure will eradicate them entirely with no surgery at all not that I need opened up again. My body already looks like 5 miles of bad road. I had a 'Whipple' at the outset if you know what that means. When they too 14" of my ascending colon and everything in between, my Gall Bladder and my Appendice as well. Surgeon told me I didn't need them anyway so while she was in there, she removed them...lol. Then I got Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma and beat that and now the tumors in my liver but looks like the end is in sight. Been through hell and half of Europe and I thank the Lord for every day and excellent hospitalization as well and a loving and understanding wife as well. If it wasn't for her I would not be here today.

I don't wish cancer on anyone, not even my most hated enemies like my ex wife.

What everyone finds amazing about me is the fact that I still farm and hunt and basically do everything I've always done, just a bit slower is all. All my doctors find me to be amazing. I tell them all it's having the right attitude and putting your faith in the Lord. He has a plan for me and I'm following it. 7 years ago at the outset of this, I didn't realize I had it in me to persist, but I have and I've learned a lot about myself in this journey too.

I'm not the person in person that I am on here at all. I have my Internet life and my personal life just like you do I'm sure. 2 entirely different things.

Been asked to start mentoring new cancer patients. It's a scary thing for anyone diagnosed with it to deal with. I know.

Enough said on that. I plan on hanging around for a while yet.🎚️

/ Future electric oil #29  
i won't if I can help it. Candidly, I'm in a field trial for a new procedure where they will extract stem cells from my blood, and then genetically modify them and put them back in me and the genetically modified stem cells will destroy the tumors so no more chemo. Just had a liver biopsy today so they could get a sample of the tumor in my liver so they can do the genetic match. All pretty interesting stuff. Been at the hospital most of the day actually. I won't miss the chemo and the related symptoms. If this pans out, I'll be cancer free and actually die a normal death. Been dealing with this stuff for 7 years now. Turn 74 in July and I want to hang around for a few more years as I still have some people I want to pizz off including some on here...lol

The chemo actually arrested the growth of them and reduced it a lot but would never rid me of them. This new FDA approved procedure will eradicate them entirely with no surgery at all not that I need opened up again. My body already looks like 5 miles of bad road. I had a 'Whipple' at the outset if you know what that means. When they too 14" of my ascending colon and everything in between, my Gall Bladder and my Appendice as well. Surgeon told me I didn't need them anyway so while she was in there, she removed them...lol. Then I got Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma and beat that and now the tumors in my liver but looks like the end is in sight. Been through hell and half of Europe and I thank the Lord for every day and excellent hospitalization as well and a loving and understanding wife as well. If it wasn't for her I would not be here today.

I don't wish cancer on anyone, not even my most hated enemies like my ex wife.

What everyone finds amazing about me is the fact that I still farm and hunt and basically do everything I've always done, just a bit slower is all. All my doctors find me to be amazing. I tell them all it's having the right attitude and putting your faith in the Lord. He has a plan for me and I'm following it. 7 years ago at the outset of this, I didn't realize I had it in me to persist, but I have and I've learned a lot about myself in this journey too.

I'm not the person in person that I am on here at all. I have my Internet life and my personal life just like you do I'm sure. 2 entirely different things.

Been asked to start mentoring new cancer patients. It's a scary thing for anyone diagnosed with it to deal with. I know.

Enough said on that. I plan on hanging around for a while yet.🎚️
The progress in stem research, etc is just amazing. Last week I heard one researcher talking and he was talking about how each year we live it gives a chance for research to extend our life another year hopefully.

/ Future electric oil #30  
Fingers and toes crossed on this one. I've had a hard 7 years. I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd come down with it. I expected to live out my life in retirement peacefully but that wasn't to be for me.

Now you know why sometimes I come across as crabby on here. This forum and the other 2 I frequent allows me to 'get way' from the reality I've lived with for the last 7 years so if I come across as blunt sometimes, I apologize for it as I'm really not that way at all in real life and yes I'm up late as I'm a bit sore from today and cannot sleep. Have as good night Gale... Gonna give it another shot to get some sleep. It's raining here so maybe the sound of the rain on the bedroom window will lull me to sleep.