Future electric oil

/ Future electric oil #31  
I can't understand how anyone can think the future is going to be electric. In the last 3 years our electricity has been off at least 4 times. We constantly hear of states talking about brown outs and warning the power will go out. Remember Texas a few years ago? Cold weather and then the power goes out and then Disaster.

The cleanest burning fuel has always been Natural Gas. I never ever expected the Gov to attack NG. Why would I trust anyone who wants to ban the cheapest and cleanest fuel we have? You better hope we never go full electric!

Wake Up America!
There are towns here in northern Ontario that have had to turn down industries because they don't have the power to support them.
And my power frequently goes out, sometimes for up to 8 hours, thus why I have a gas generator.
Electric is NOT my future, LOL

/ Future electric oil #32  
There are towns here in northern Ontario that have had to turn down industries because they don't have the power to support them.
And my power frequently goes out, sometimes for up to 8 hours, thus why I have a gas generator.
Electric is NOT my future, LOL
Aren't you guys almost 100% hydro?

/ Future electric oil #33  
Fingers and toes crossed on this one. I've had a hard 7 years. I never in my wildest dreams thought I'd come down with it. I expected to live out my life in retirement peacefully but that wasn't to be for me.

Now you know why sometimes I come across as crabby on here. This forum and the other 2 I frequent allows me to 'get way' from the reality I've lived with for the last 7 years so if I come across as blunt sometimes, I apologize for it as I'm really not that way at all in real life and yes I'm up late as I'm a bit sore from today and cannot sleep. Have as good night Gale... Gonna give it another shot to get some sleep. It's raining here so maybe the sound of the rain on the bedroom window will lull me to sleep.
We are praying for you, my friend. I really enjoy your contributions on this forum. You are from the OLD school where common sense and hard work was a necessity to make a good honest living.

Unfortunately those days are long gone.:rolleyes:

/ Future electric oil #34  
I can't understand how anyone can think the future is going to be electric. In the last 3 years our electricity has been off at least 4 times. We constantly hear of states talking about brown outs and warning the power will go out. Remember Texas a few years ago? Cold weather and then the power goes out and then Disaster.

The cleanest burning fuel has always been Natural Gas. I never ever expected the Gov to attack NG. Why would I trust anyone who wants to ban the cheapest and cleanest fuel we have? You better hope we never go full electric!

Wake Up America!
Texas created its own problem. They never designed their plants and delivery infrastructure for cold weather operations, and they have no interconnection with power grids in other states (except for some places like El Paso that connect to the western Rocky Mountain states grid). Most places don’t have power outages when it’s cold.

/ Future electric oil #35  
Overall the amount of hydraulic and lubrication oil that one uses is low compared to the amount of fuel that one burns. And without internal combustion the oil change intervals will get much longer.

Ford and GM and Elon forgot to calculate not enough electricity , 5 billion in the hole

Around here the governments are going on a dam destroying rampage.

I went to a local meeting about either the upgrades of a local dam and canal system, or removal of it. My point was that electric power requirements will skyrocket over the next few years. The local utility company chose a plan to remove the dam.

/ Future electric oil #36  
Overall the amount of hydraulic and lubrication oil that one uses is low compared to the amount of fuel that one burns. And without internal combustion the oil change intervals will get much longer.

Around here the governments are going on a dam destroying rampage.

I went to a local meeting about either the upgrades of a local dam and canal system, or removal of it. My point was that electric power requirements will skyrocket over the next few years. The local utility company chose a plan to remove the dam.
Maybe not economically viable to maintain the dam as they get towards the end of their service life? Most US dams are old or beyond their designed service life.

/ Future electric oil #39  
I can't understand how anyone can think the future is going to be electric. In the last 3 years our electricity has been off at least 4 times. We constantly hear of states talking about brown outs and warning the power will go out.

Only four times in three years! That would be so nice. Ours goes out 10-20 times per year.

The utility is corrupt, the mountains are steep, the trees are large and fall over a lot. We were out for over three weeks the winter before last. This winter it's only been a week or so. The power goes out in the summer now too. The utility cuts power when it's dry and windy so when their poorly maintained equipment blows down it won't start a fire and kill more people.They have to check the lines before powering them up so every outage is at least a couple days long. We're in steep tall mountains so electric cars have to work hard to get home uphill. And electricity is super expensive- close to $.50/kwh. This is not a good environment for electric cars.

But at least 1/3 of the cars here are electric. None of the neighbors with electric cars have complained about them not being suitable for our area.

/ Future electric oil #40  
Aren't you guys almost 100% hydro?
Yes. I have hydro damns all around me where I am. But all the hydro power in the world will do you nothing when you have an inadequate and outdated grid.